How is everyone mounting the FM3 onto their pedalboards?

Using screws on a Temple Audio Templeboard 34". Had to drill some holes larger for alignment (circled in red). Relay G50 wireless mounted underneath with velcro.

View attachment 85003

View attachment 85004
This looks great dsimms, and is exactly what I want to build in a few weeks (already ordered the board, passthrough connectors and M3.5-.60 16mm bolts) I also have 2 of the dark (black) EV1s, do you know off hand are the bolts the same on the EV1's same as the FM3 and FC6?

This looks great dsimms, and is exactly what I want to build in a few weeks (already ordered the board, passthrough connectors and M3.5-.60 16mm bolts) I also have 2 of the dark (black) EV1s, do you know off hand are the bolts the same on the EV1's same as the FM3 and FC6?
Yes, although I had to add a extra washer on each EV-1 in one of the middle positions- must be a little less depth there. Just keep some extra washers handy and hand tighten each screw to make sure you've got enough depth for each hole.

Yes, although I had to add a extra washer on each EV-1 in one of the middle positions- must be a little less depth there. Just keep some extra washers handy and hand tighten each screw to make sure you've got enough depth for each hole.
Will do.. and thanks for responding!

It’s very strong. So strong I would only use it for things you don’t really need to remove and put on regularly. I used regular Velcro for my AIRSTEP controller becusee I want to be able to take it off and change it. The 3m would have been overkill. Good luck.

Have you had to remove the FM3 from the board and detach the Dual Lock? Am curious if you can detach it reasonably easy.

Which size kit did you get from Helweg? I contacted them for a recommendation for the FM3 but they didn't want to guess since they've never mounted one. Are you happy with the bracket size you chose?
This is what I ordered, way back in Nov 2017 for my Helix LT. Prices shown might not be accurate/current. It looks like the Type-S brackets are no longer available. I would consider getting the Offset Brackets, as I have to use the plastic spacers with my brackets to accommodate for the screw head height. You will need M3-0.5 x 16 mm screws. I got mine from either Lowes or Ace. Ask Helweg if they have those screws available.
hW1WHo5.png

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Hillman-3mm-0-5-x-16mm-Allen-Drive-Cap-Screws-4-Count/50088880

I used double sided 3m tape on the feet and zip ties.

I took the end caps off, drilled a couple small holes next to the feet (on end caps), fed zip ties through the holes, re-installed endcaps on the FM3, the. Zip ties it to my Temple Audio board. The holes in the the board worked for that.

I liked the look with the end caps. But I could have just taken them off and used the Temple Audio quick mounts.
Which Temple Audio board do you use? What size? I’m having trouble determining which to order.

Using screws on a Temple Audio Templeboard 34". Had to drill some holes larger for alignment (circled in red). Relay G50 wireless mounted underneath with velcro.

View attachment 85003

View attachment 85004
Exactly my plan for my FM3 and Temple Audio 24. I assume you replaced the screws in the feet with longer ones? I really did not want to attach the TA sticky locks onto the FM3. It's bad enough that I did it to my pedals!

Exactly my plan for my FM3 and Temple Audio 24. I assume you replaced the screws in the feet with longer ones? I really did not want to attach the TA sticky locks onto the FM3. It's bad enough that I did it to my pedals!
Right, I got a big bag of the longer screws. Did the same with my current FM9 setup with two EV1s.

Right, I got a big bag of the longer screws. Did the same with my current FM9 setup with two EV1s.
I have a Temple Audio Duo 24, and tried everything from nylon wire ties, Temple Audio’s gooey plates, Velcro, 3M Dual Lock (which I love), and eventually replaced the bolts through the end bumpers. Initially, setting up the modeler on the board seems like it’s going to be a frustrating exercise, but once two are loosely connected the next two went in easily, and tightening them in was no problem.

I’ve had the entire board upside down or on its side for a hour for rewiring and replacing modules and the modeler hasn’t budged. The bolts FTW!

The same should work with the FM3+FC6 combination too as it fits the same board and spacing.

Here's my rig.

FM3, Ev-2 screwed to the board using longer screws going into the pre existing screw threads in the Fractal units.

On the side, I have a Audio 2000 wireless IEM connected to the phone jack, on top is a Line 6 Wireless guitar velcro'd on top of the IEM transmitter.

I mounted a power strip with USB charging, to use interchanging rechargeable AA batteries with my wireless stuff for continuous use.

The Line 6 has an Aux out so I mounted a direct box connecting to the aux out to also record a dry guitar to reamp later if my wet FM3 recordings didn't translate as good as the live sound.

I couldn't be any happier than this ultimate gig board.

Attachments

• IMG_20230127_111559.jpg
    IMG_20230127_111559.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_20230127_111733.jpg
    IMG_20230127_111733.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 70
My pedalboard is ready finally. I used a lot of ideas from various threads of this forum - thank you all!
I used the Temple Pedal Design small pedal plates for all the pedals. The screws are smaller than the original holes on the Rockboard pedalboard, so I drilled some new holes on it. Between the FM3 and the pedal plates I use 3M dual lock tape (two pieces for each plates), they are so brutal solid, I can lift the whole pedalboard with the Line6 wireless too. :) My idea was the solid mounting, but sometimes I have to take out the pedals from the board - only a few screws need to be unscrewed.
And only one AC cable need to plug in - I soldered a simple XLR/DC adapter cable, then the ENGL DC/DC converter creates 9V (from the Faslink) for the Line6 wireless and for the Morning Star midi pedal too. The Joyo ZGP noise blocker is also a must have. No more 9V adapters!

Attachments

• IMG_4666.jpeg
    IMG_4666.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 95
  • IMG_4667.jpeg
    IMG_4667.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 96
  • IMG_4668.jpeg
    IMG_4668.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 95
I'm getting ready to mount my FM3/FM6 rig to a pedal board. Im gonna buy some longer screws. What size are the screws in the bottom of the FM3/FM6? Metric M3's? Just different lengths? I'm gonna buy a variety of lengths just need to know the thread size.

I'm just using heavy duty Velcro which gives a solid grip.
I've attached a thin bar of aluminium (using Velcro) between the "feet" on the FM3 which gives a greater area of contact with the board and helps keep it secure. I've circled this in the pic below (photo is taken side-on to the FM3)

PXL_20230203_125731847~2.jpg

@vz42 - out of interest, what have you got the MC3 set up to do? I'm using an MC6 currently...

Back
Top Bottom