How do you set up wet-dry-wet FM3?

Murphylaw

I'm running 2 powered monitors in stereo (output 1/wet) and a Prs Archon combo straight (output 2/dry) into amp input.
Both output 1 and 2 volume at half.
Monitors sound right, but amp sounds horrible.
Any help running a20201230_201020.jpg w/d/w setup would be appreciated.

Set Output 2 volume to full, as you’re simply passing through the signal from input to output (full is unity gain, appropriate for sending signal that hasn’t passed through an amp block to real amps or pedals). If you want to adjust the Archon level, do it on the amp.

Something totally wrong here I think if you’d like to have w/d/w system....... I see you have an amp + cab block running...: is that the PRS amp you are talking about ?

If so, than your signal should go after the Amp block to output 2 into your combo .... working as your Cab.... else you will have 2 cabs....

Your wet signal is set right BUT make sure the Effects mix is 100% wet !!

If your combo is the PRS archon, than look for a effects send or DI output on your combo and send that to the FM3..... there is no need for adding another amp + cab block for the Wet stereo effects....

Last edited:
If you are running out 2 into the front of the combo, make sure your out 2 impedance is set to -10db (instrument level). If you send line level into a preamp it will not sound right and could potentially damage the amp.

If you are running out 2 into the front of the combo, make sure your out 2 impedance is set to -10db (instrument level). If you send line level into a preamp it will not sound right and could potentially damage the amp.

That would make sense. Will try this evening. Thx!

Its the actual amp. Running the "modeled" amp and cab to the monitors
Yeah, but it is not W/D/W. You have something like... d+W/D/d+W! Only the WET should go to out1, without AMP & Cab.
Try: guitar>PRS in>line out>IN FM3>dly & rev ONLY WET> out1>monitor. Archeon has it's own cab (dry).

There could be more complex routing if you need FM3 block BEFORE Archeon or you you want no dry (for tremolo, IE).

Simplest w/d/w setup that comes to my mind is putting OUT 2 after the FM3 CAB, before Wet FX (parallel routed) and OUT 1 at the end. OUT 1 L to the first wet speaker, OUT 2 to the dry speaker (or a Power Amp + Cab (with deactivated Cab in FM3 OUT 2)) and OUT 1 R to the second wet speaker.
Not so sure why you would use a setup like this though. You can just mix wet / dry FX with parallel routing into OUT1

Back
Top Bottom