How do you have your foot controller configured?

Perdikament

Power User
I just picked up a FCB 1010. I always said that I'd never own a piece of Behringer gear. But considering that my audio signal doesn't pass thru it, and it's a cheap temp solution till I have the clams to buy the real deal, I broke down and bought Behringer.

Anyway, after a few hours of being completely dumbfounded trying to figure out how to program this F'n POS, I'm curious as to how y'all configure your floor controllers.

With the FCB 1010 ya get:

10 "Stomps"
2 Expression Pedals
2 more "Stomps" (Up & Down)
2 External Mechanical Switches

This is how I have it set right now, and I'm sure it'll be changed.
*Hoping this thread will produce some more ideas & possibly shed light on a better & more efficient way*.

1. Amp X/Y
2. Scene Up (in increments of 1)
3. Scene Down
4. Drive/O.D.
5. Tap Tempo
6. Compressor
7. Phaser/Uni-Vibe
8. Chorus
9. Pitch Shift
10. Delay.

Expression 1 - WAH
Expression 2 - Volume / misc. as per needed per patch.

UP/DOWN pedals - not using them other than to switch Banks, *I'm not sure how to or if you can program them.

The Two Externals I haven't done anything with yet.

Does this seem like a logical set up? I know obviously that everyone's needs & taste are gong to vary a lot, but I guess what I'm askin also is if I'm missing somethin' or get more out of it etc...?

Of course it depends on your usage style, but I use my 12 button controller like this : 1-5 presets, 6 tap tempo, 7-10 scenes, 11-12 bank up/down. Scenes give you the simplest way to control complicated effect or X/Y changes without having to remember which preset has which effects.

Seems logical. I have it setup as 5 stomps and 5 preset selections with wah and volume using an uno chip. Got a eureka chip underway though :)

This piece of Behringer gear is really ok and built like a tank.

I had my FCB1010 switch the 1st 5 presets, the up down for banks, and the top 5 for scenes...

It worked well and will get you by in style (until you decide to get the MFC-101 as I did). :D

I've used the FCB for years now without any problems. It is just a MIDI controller after all and it is built like a tank. I'd like to be able to switch scenes using the UP DOWN switches and flick through programs 00 - 99 using the numeric pads. Some of these replies sound interesting though.... I guess I'll have more of an idea when my Axe II XL finally arrives. I'm not too keen on modding the FCB to be honest.

Of course it depends on your usage style, but I use my 12 button controller like this : 1-5 presets, 6 tap tempo, 7-10 scenes, 11-12 bank up/down. Scenes give you the simplest way to control complicated effect or X/Y changes without having to remember which preset has which effects.

This might be what I eventually settle on actually. It depends how well the Axe II switches between patches, hopefully it will be pretty seamless.....

Unfortunately the patch switching isn't totally "seamless". It's definitely a step above the pod hd stuff, but not without a gap completely. Now setting up scenes is easy as pie...and is totally seamless. My bottom row is set so that button 1 is scene 1 of whatever patch is selected via the up/down buttons, and buttons 2-5 are the scenes in whatever patch I'm in. Scene 2 is a boosted lead tone, scene 3 is a low gain/crunch, scene 4 clean, and scene 5 clean with shimmer. My buttons are as follow 6-stomp, 7-chorus, 8-phaser, 9-flange, 10-pitch. Exp pedals are volume and wah. Wah is auto engage. The only downfall is that I can only select 10 patches thru this fcb. But in reality, we all have our fav patches we use and in a live setting, 10 patches each with 5 scenes and configurations is way more than enough. I can always select and rearrange my patches thru axe edit..

I think I may have to put up with the not-so-seamless patch changes. It's obviously designed for one patch per song. I'm required to change sounds quite dramatically a lot of the time - we have a 2 hour 40 minute live repertoire of psychedelic doom metal and I usually use over 50 patches on my (now sulking) GT-10. This will depend on how many effects I can throw into one patch of course.

On a side note I used external distortion on the GT. It's an awful device, I couldn't even get a clean tone! I still own two GX700's and they are tons better for amps etc. I can put that behind me now though - my axe II XL should be here on the 9th :D

Hi, I've been using the FCB for 8 ot 9 years, I find it very reliable.
I have Uno chip. My setup is
1 - 5 Select preset
6 - 8 Select scene
9 - Looper Rec/Play
10 - Looper pause/Play.
Bank up/Down switch to next 5 presets.

I don't use more than 3 scenes for a preset and not X/Y.

Bzerk.

Is the Uno Chip a necessity for use with AxeFX II..?

Eureka Prom any different..?

Never used a MIDI foot controller, but might adopt on in the future and don't want / need to go the full MFC nice yards

Get the Uno chip so you can use stomp boxes. It's free, you only pay shipping.

I'll never buy the Fractal Foot Controller. If it was like twice the price of the Behringer then ok. Actually I can buy something like 5 Behringer pedals for the price of 1 Fractal though. And then the Fractal has no foot pedal? It just doesn't make economic sense. I can do everything I need to with the Behringer.

I have a bank of 5 patches on the bottom row (but only use 4) and 4 stomp boxes toggles (reverb / delay / chorus / boost) on the top and the last button up there is for tuner.

I'm definitely going to buy the Fractal Foot controller, I just bought the Behringer as a temp fix.

I don't think you need the uno chip to run stomp box mode, unless I'm misunderstanding something.

I have a Factory Fresh unit, and I have it set up so that each pedal turns ON/OFF an effect or switches X/Y Amp. Oh, I also have one that is TAP Tempo, and one that's scene up & one that's scene down.

I personally don't need to be able to switch a whole patch mid-song, cause info the ability to switch scenes & X/Y amps.

One thing for sure though is this FCB 1010 is a real pain in the ass to program. It'd be nice if they at least give ya a manual! Sheesh! If it wasn't for the internet & YouTube I swear to god I wouldda smashed this thing right over the head of whoever designed it & decided that you don't need a manual..

I always said I'd never ever own any Behringer Gear, I broke that promise to myself & now I know why I said that in the first place lol.. Doh! Smh.

There's a program to program it :)

I don't remember where I got it, but it's called fcb1010_editor_v2.0_java50.jar. And it may only work with the Uno chip...

Have my FCB 1010 with the UnO prom.
Top 5: Tap tempo, looper record, looper play, looper dub, tuner/mute
Bottom 5: Scenes 1-5
Up/Down + scene changes patches to respective patch+scene combo, from 00-18. Expressions are ext. 1 and ext. 2. Very satisfied.

I've used the same FCB since I got my Ultra, and it's not let me down yet. Top five buttons are patch selection, bottom five turn effects on and off, and/or change other settings. Rockers are volume (cabinet output level before reverb etc) and wah.

A uno and ripwerx. Some people seem to have trouble getting the hang of Ripwerx, but it is all the functions of all the presets and all the stomps on one page. Just like a mixing board or a spreadsheet program, all the rows and all the columns do the same thing, matrix style. Believe you me, it's lots easier than the liquid foot editor.

never had a problem aside from the print in the foil underneath the pedals being off, causing weird travel. There's a PDF somewhere with corrected prints that I printed on overhead sheet. That fixed it. I put cellotape on the print to protect it.

I had the 5/5 preset/stomp setup. Stomps: Volume boost, drive, phaser, mods, delay. Mods and phase were modifier IA's that I could attach inside the AxeFx.
Furthermore I had the last bank (one down from bank 0) set up for looper control on the bottom row, leaving the top row for stomps, I had banks 2, 5 and 8 set up as scene banks. That way I could switch to scene control from any preset bank with one button press.

I have an LF+ 12+ now but it is so powerful and extensive and hence it's so much work to program it I find I'm using it with less fun and am actually considering going back to blissfully simple fcb1010...

Back
Top Bottom