How do you go about getting a Bass Tone?

Birdy

Inspired
Haven't dialed in a bass tone in my axe since I'm much more a guitar player.
But still I'd like to plug in my bass and get a nice tone for recording my rock/metal songs (both pick and fingers).

Any tips on how to get started?
Amp? Cab? Drive? Multi band?

What do you personally use?

Cheers!

Why was this moved to preset exchange?
I'm not looking for a preset, I'm looking for some tips and guidance.

I use 3 signal paths in the preset :
- 1 for mediums/ fr : goes into the svt sim then a bass cab IR
- 1 for subs : goes in the multiband comp, sometimes a drive to get more balls, then directly in the cab or if needed directly to output
- 1 for grit : goes into a comp then a drive then eq, then in the amp or directly in the cab, depending on the sound you're after

I use 3 signal paths in the preset :
- 1 for mediums/ fr : goes into the svt sim then a bass cab IR
- 1 for subs : goes in the multiband comp, sometimes a drive to get more balls, then directly in the cab or if needed directly to output
- 1 for grit : goes into a comp then a drive then eq, then in the amp or directly in the cab, depending on the sound you're after
That's interesting, thanks for the input!
I'll save that one for later though, as I want to learn how to dial in a basic/simple tone first.

I tried the AO, didn't really like it.
But the PJ clean was great!
You used a user cab so I just disabled the cab block and it sounds super nice this way, even with my super dead strings.
The amp is dialed in great, I'll take that as a starting point and tweak from there.
Thanks man!

Great that the PJ Clean preset worked well for you!
You can try some of the factory bass cabs (Ampeg for instance) to see how you like them.
In this preset there's already a clean path on the top row with the PEQ block which you can balance the output of with the amp/cab on row 2. And try the different scenes of course. :D

Back
Top Bottom