How do you get your clean

It depends on what you want from your clean. There are two kinds of clean: dirty clean and clean clean. There is no shortage of either amongst the factory presets. Take a stroll and see what suits your fancy, then we can talk about how to integrate it with your crunch/lead preset.
Will do

I like to take my favorite clean tone and add speaker and output compression in the amp block to really emphasize the cranked amp aspect. This works really well with the Fender models.

I agree, I hate to switch amp models, but some do it well. I prefer to use an amp that can handle both. One option (unless you need really high gain) is the Tucana. Another work around is to use a drive pedal.
I’ve made it my mission to make this work over the last couple months and am coming very close. A lot of fiddling and a lot of deep listening. More to test myself than for live use.

Archon clean, and a JTM clean from one of Burgs' uploads that I tweaked EQ on a bit. Both translate great to mixes, and I would think would be great for gigging.

Depends on how the MV is adjusted. I'm not in the pristine camp most of the time and prefer the MV high on this amp.
As Admin M@ noted above, there are different flavors of "clean". Does anyone even exactly know what "clean" means?:) I'm just saying it's really easy on this amp to get those "pristine" cleans. On the clean channel with this one you really have to increase the MV to get any kind of break up.

As Admin M@ noted above, there are different flavors of "clean". Does anyone even exactly know what "clean" means?:) I'm just saying it's really easy on this amp to get those "pristine" cleans. On the clean channel with this one you really have to increase the MV to get any kind of break up.
Totally agree... My cleans aren't very ;)

I think my preset with the Shiver model has MV at maybe 7-8 with a mild boost in front :)

This thread reminds me of

"On the hill the stuff was laced with kerosene
But yours was kitchen clean"

You should have one of each, IMO.

(one of my main sources of amusement is getting songs stuck in people's heads for the rest of the day)

Back
Top Bottom