How do you get your clean

Eman7422

Inspired
In the same preset when you are focused for example when using the JVM410 (or similar)
where you might use orange for crunch and red for lead (or a OD/DIST pedal) and both orange for crunch and lead etc..

question is really around clean, finding a way to use the same amp As below, or choose a different amp that remains clean….like a baseman or whatever?

hopefully i explained my question well.

a clean
a crunch
a lead tone

for the clean,
a different amp (clean)
roll back volume of guitar
reduce input gain

Last edited:
Orange crunch channel of the JS410 does a great clean. Keep gain down, stick the FET compressor in front of it, you're good to go. I don't take it all the way down to actually clean, more like "reads as clean", as they say.

Love it!

Archon clean is also wonderful, and FET compressor helps any clean tone.

Leon Todd prefers a BandCommander for clean. JTM45 for clean/crunch. Your choice for lead.

Will be building a similar preset with these soon.

I won't argue with LT, but another great amp for cleans is the Bogner Shiva. They are pristine.

One must is to add compression to any clean preset. If nothing else, you have to counteract the unwound strings being overpowered by the wound.

You might also consider adding just a little bit of chorus. It can help to even out any strings you might slightly unintentionally bend.

Last edited:
Archon Clean works well. That'll be my amp tomorrow night. For crunch I hit it with the new Suhr GE (Riot) model.

Switching amp models to go from clean to mean always sounds abrupt and unmusical to me.

Am I doing it wrong? :)

In a recording situation it can be made to work. For live use switching amp models sounds like ass!
Can't beat the old time-tested stalwart of running one amp and using your volume on your guitar
to go from clean to mean (often with the help of an OD pedal or Boost).

Switching amp models to go from clean to mean always sounds abrupt and unmusical to me.

Am I doing it wrong? :)

In a recording situation it can be made to work. For live use switching amp models sounds like ass!
Can't beat the old time-tested stalwart of running one amp and using your volume on your guitar
to go from clean to mean (often with the help of an OD pedal or Boost).
I agree, I hate to switch amp models, but some do it well. I prefer to use an amp that can handle both. One option (unless you need really high gain) is the Tucana. Another work around is to use a drive pedal.

Btit800 works great for me, roll back input to 1 or so, input drive to around 2 dial up the amp to get volume you like and use scenes to bring out the drive levels and or add drive block...

I agree, I hate to switch amp models, but some do it well. I prefer to use an amp that can handle both. One option (unless you need really high gain) is the Tucana. Another work around is to use a drive pedal.
Although I use one amp for everything I find that if you use different amps but keep the same IR it feels less abrupt/ unmusical

It depends on what you want from your clean. There are two kinds of clean: dirty clean and clean clean. There is no shortage of either amongst the factory presets. Take a stroll and see what suits your fancy, then we can talk about how to integrate it with your crunch/lead preset.

Back
Top Bottom