How do you get a good filter sound?

i go for the looper next to the input and loop the dry signal, but i am not a „looper“ guy building songs based on a dozen overdubs :cool:

i go for the looper next to the input and loop the dry signal, but i am not a „looper“ guy building songs based on a dozen overdubs :cool:
when I do that and Im doing something clean and try to solo over it the drive becomes a part of the loop.. Hate that.

That is true, so to be conrete for some presets, especially for those with a ton of gain i am using wah after drive and before amp in, looper comes after the cab section, but i have seen presets where the wah is placed for the drive block... for the clean settings i place the looper as stated above, but it all might depend on what kind of sound you are looking for... is there any special sound or setting you are looking for ?

That is true, so to be conrete for some presets, especially for those with a ton of gain i am using wah after drive and before amp in, looper comes after the cab section, but i have seen presets where the wah is placed for the drive block... for the clean settings i place the looper as stated above, but it all might depend on what kind of sound you are looking for... is there any special sound or setting you are looking for ?
Appreciate the help..Means a lot.. just trying to play a clean part dry or with reverb, but when I go for the second loop and want to add delay it starts playing with the loop.. I don't want that!! lol.. If I put the effects before the amp then the delay is not working properly.. Get it?

Hope i got it right You could place a vol/pan block in the chain and the reverb and or delay in paralell to The signal chain after the looper and then straight to the output. This should work you would than provide a non delayed sound over the backing track

Attachments

• 28AA8EFE-42A8-49AA-A864-EAB4DE84E697.jpeg
    28AA8EFE-42A8-49AA-A864-EAB4DE84E697.jpeg
    163.9 KB · Views: 10
I’m a big filter guy, and have owned a bunch of them including a real Mu-Tron. I can get pretty close with the FM3, but it would be wonderful with an exact model of the Mu-Tron III. It’s a very special pedal.

The filter block is a good place to start. ;)

Assign an envelope or LFO controller to the frequency parameter. Experiment with the different filter types like bandpass, peaking, notch, etc.

I like my looper after the amp/speaker blocks so my loops take on the characteristics of the sound coming out of the speaker.
Dont use a mutron/filter.

If the looper is in front of the amp, you can't change tones without affecting the loop as well. If you put it after the amp, you can for example loop a clean rhythm part and then change scenes or presets (as long as the looper block is in both presets) and then overdub or solo over it with a different tone. I typically put it just before the OUT block for normal use. Putting it before the amp is handy for dialing in tones in real time without having to play the guitar at the same time.

If the looper is in front of the amp, you can't change tones without affecting the loop as well. If you put it after the amp, you can for example loop a clean rhythm part and then change scenes or presets (as long as the looper block is in both presets) and then overdub or solo over it with a different tone. I typically put it just before the OUT block for normal use. Putting it before the amp is handy for dialing in tones in real time without having to play the guitar at the same time.
^^^ this.

…and where do you guys set your looper at?
I love the looper for a little home alone jamming. But then it makes most sense in the very end of the chain, so you for instance can record the backing with your rythm sound, and then practise leads on top.

Back
Top Bottom