HOW DO YOU EDIT A PATCH FROM THE AXE-EDIT

I acquired some Fractal patches into my axe-edit but I can't add reverb or delay to them or save them in other places what am I doing wrong? I tried to add reverb or delay and change the parameters only the amp volume was able to be lowered. I actually got Led Zeppelin feedback in one patch.

What I want to do is take a preexisting patch and replicate it in the same
Quick A control that the patch is number one in and fill up 2 through 8.
with the same patch, can that be done with the click of a button?

Last edited:
I went to either the AXE-FX ll itself or the AXE-EDIT and tried to get into the delay setting to add it into the mix.
Changed the parameters but no sound change.
I also was not able to copy the settings from to 2 through 8 in the AXE-EDIT so that I could play with them.
Stuck with a new patch to replace the old one and I want to expand and layer the sound for each patch

I went to either the AXE-FX ll itself or the AXE-EDIT and tried to get into the delay setting to add it into the mix.

You don’t go into the delay setting to add it. Click on the spot you want it to go, click the Block menu at the top of Axe-Edit and add what you want.

Changed the parameters but no sound change.
is the block engaged or bypassed?

I also was not able to copy the settings from to 2 through 8 in the AXE-EDIT so that I could play with them.
I have no idea what this means.

You don’t go into the delay setting to add it. Click on the spot you want it to go, click the Block menu at the top of Axe-Edit and add what you want.

In each setting on the AXE-FX ll quick control A gives you 8 scenes.
How do I save tweaked parameters into those scenes

First of all, edit either on the Axe front panel or Axe-Edit computer program. Don’t edit on both at the same time. Axe-Edit is easier.

Have you read the manual about Scenes? You change to the Scene first, then adjust Engage/Bypass or XY. You cannot change Parameters in different Scenes, only what I mentioned.

I feel like you aren’t reading the manual.

If I am using the AXE-FX and not the AXE-EDIT is there a different
way to add delay or reverb or is it the same way as in the AXE-EDIT?
If I am able to change the sound of the original preset how then do I save it to a different
scene on that particular preset in the quick control A without overwriting that original preset.

Last edited:
First of all, edit either on the Axe front panel or Axe-Edit computer program. Don’t edit on both at the same time. Axe-Edit is easier.

Have you read the manual about Scenes? You change to the Scene first, then adjust Engage/Bypass or XY. You cannot change Parameters in different Scenes, only what I mentioned.

I did not know they are called scenes but now that I know
I will refer to that section to try to find it.

Come to think of it the 7 scenes are able to be changed for each numbered preset in the AXE-FX
I want to figure out how to fill the other 7 scenes with dripping hot effects for each preset
that I added to my audio library today.

Last edited:

Some of these patches that I have from Fractal
I know I can make them sound better once I know
how to operate the controls to change their settings.

Last edited:
please. read the Scenes section of the manual. Scenes are not Presets. you won't add different dripping hot effects to Scenes. i've explained what Scenes do already.

you need to read what people here type and read the manual.

I did not know they are called scenes
you used the word yourself, before i did:

In each setting on the AXE-FX ll quick control A gives you 8 scenes.
How do I save tweaked parameters into those scenes

I am about 70 miles away. I pretty much figured out a lot about the AXE- FX ll
I just need to take the patches and be able to store them somewhere else
once I learn how to tweak them. That is probably the hardest part.

please. read the Scenes section of the manual. Scenes are not Presets. you won't add different dripping hot effects to Scenes. i've explained what Scenes do already.

you need to read what people here type and read the manual.

you used the word yourself, before i did:

I looked at the AXE-FX ll and saw the word scene on the screen and without realizing it
I described the situation not realizing that I used the word and had to go into the manual
and view the information on scenes. I am taking in all that I can from hands on use,
the Forums and the user manual to try to reach a higher level of understanding.

i'd say it might help to just watch some youtube videos of people creating and editing patches.

Sounds like a case of RTFM

(Meant in good humor of course)
As has been stated in probably every thread (many!) that the OP has posted since joining the forum a few days ago.

@David Weissner - we are a patient lot here for the most part... But this is rapidly wearing thin. Please, PLEASE do us ALL a favor - READ THE DAMN MANUAL! Or at least purchase and watch the Cooper Carter video series that was recommended to you multiple times. Or go to YouTube and watch some videos.

Otherwise, people may add you to their "ignore list" on the forum and never see another thing you post...

Back
Top Bottom