how do you control high end when going real power amp and cabinet ?

oh man, I tried these Man-O-War speakers.
Worst speaker I ever tried and I tried many different brands including all from celestions with dozen of different tube amps.
Maybe try to switch the speakers first, try for example Celestion Alnico Creams or UK Mesa V30´s and I am pretty sure you will leave filter block out of equation.

Those speakers are the weakest of weak links. Said much the same thing myself. If it's all you have, though,
then it may not be an option to burn them, and then bury the ashes, and then forget you ever owned them. ;)

Presence at 0 and Treble at 0-2, Bass at 10 was the way I ran mine with a TS power soak that I finally blew up.
Those speakers are the weakest of weak links. Said much the same thing myself. If it's all you have, though,
then it may not be an option to burn them, and then bury the ashes, and then forget you ever owned them. ;)
Cab has a lot to do with speakers too, the factory installed them to the cab. I’ve had carvin cabs that were bright no matter what speaker was in it.

I know my Rivera v1 knucklehead, mooer and now with the high cut fm3 sound good through it

In the amp block, set the speaker impendence curve to something that sounds good. I usually set it to 4x12 greenbacks for Marshall amps.

In the amp block, set the speaker impendence curve to something that sounds good. I usually set it to 4x12 greenbacks for Marshall amps.
I use the citrus, its closer to match the purple by cab, ill experiment with others but that really seems more of a low-end thing, but I will try thank you

again, I do this too, its just im not a fractal fanatic I guess
It has nothing to do with fanaticism. At. All.

It has a lot to do with understanding how modelers work, how close-mic’d amps sound vs. the “amp in the room” thing, how a solid-state power-amp reacts to a guitar cabinet vs. a tube amp and how the modeled power-amp does, and knowing about things like the Fletcher-Munson effect and acoustic-coupling.

Chapter 4 in the manual is a great starting point. Connect your rig according to the recommendations, turn up to stage volume and start playing with factory presets. Stage volume is extremely important.

Cutting above 9k in a PEQ block right before out 2 (real cab) is a good thing and also for me a must.
You know, now opening the volume I’ll say, allot of discrepancies I found between the mooer and fractal disappeared. I also loaded a diesel vh4 silver channel 3 and actually not using the filter block, it’s great.

What the difference is between the mooer and fractal was that fractal has a more conservative volume taper (which I appreciate) compared to the mooer which is very fast, so of course a unit pushing line level vs one not even hitting hard yet would be huge.

As for the high end issue, now using the vh4 amp I’ve not needed any extra eq other than the amp, I’m ocd that may change, but amp selection may have been my issue

You know, now opening the volume I’ll say, allot of discrepancies I found between the mooer and fractal disappeared. I also loaded a diesel vh4 silver channel 3 and actually not using the filter block, it’s great.

What the difference is between the mooer and fractal was that fractal has a more conservative volume taper (which I appreciate) compared to the mooer which is very fast, so of course a unit pushing line level vs one not even hitting hard yet would be huge.

As for the high end issue, now using the vh4 amp I’ve not needed any extra eq other than the amp, I’m ocd that may change, but amp selection may have been my issue

It of course depends, yeah. I heavily compared the sounds to my real amps and found the high cut somehow required to get the same. But yes, not having the high cut is not a deal breaker ;)

It of course depends, yeah. I heavily compared the sounds to my real amps and found the high cut somehow required to get the same. But yes, not having the high cut is not a deal breaker ;)
Yeah I just added the 9k cut and definitely like it more

okay, I have a preset to post now. Please any feedback would be appreciated, this has been working by the way but to make it better im all ears
oh the cab ir I use is a Celestion engl xxl v30 57 balanced

Attachments

• DIEZILVH4.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom