how do you control high end when going real power amp and cabinet ?

When we're talking about using standard speaker cabs (not FRFR or full-range drivers), it ALL comes down to the choice of speaker.

I think most experienced gear nuts agree the speaker has a bigger effect on your tone than the amp or guitar.

Getting a powerful clear tone that isn't harsh or buzzy largely comes down to finding a speaker that rolls off in the right spot for your amp/guitar and desired tone. But, sure, if your speaker has too much high end, you can always cut it in the Axe.
This 100%. The right speaker can absolutely make all the difference. My Bogner GF absolutely came alive when I paired it with a vintage EV SRO alnico. No other speaker or combination of speakers comes even close to what that speaker does for that amp. In fact, here's my less than one week old cab that I had made just for my SRO to go under my Bogner. (this has zero to do with the rest of the thread, I just love sharing pics)

oh man, I tried these Man-O-War speakers.
Worst speaker I ever tried and I tried many different brands including all from celestions with dozen of different tube amps.
Maybe try to switch the speakers first, try for example Celestion Alnico Creams or UK Mesa V30´s and I am pretty sure you will leave filter block out of equation.

Just another example that the Fractal units aren't plug and play, and most people have to invest some time to learn how to make it work for them. Which it can and will. Gloriously so.

I prefer making a high cut in that region in the cab block when needed. Saves me from adding another block/DSP
Indeed, and that's where the totally-flat factory IR comes in handy with a real cab - can have all the cab block features to use with your real cab without effectively applying an IR on top of your real cab which, imo, generally sounds bad.

Indeed, and that's where the totally-flat factory IR comes in handy with a real cab - can have all the cab block features to use with your real cab without effectively applying an IR on top of your real cab which, imo, generally sounds bad.
Is that what that’s for? I wish fm3 had 2 cab blocks ugh

I never trashed the product just noticed something randomly in a comparison of units and came to the forum for help, but being frustrated and bi polar doesn’t help

I do appreciate the ones that did help

Is that what that’s for? I wish fm3 had 2 cab blocks ugh
That's what I use it for - maybe there are other uses, dunno. Not sure about FM3, but in Ax3 I only use 1 cab block with input set to stereo and 2 "totally-flat" IRs panned hard L/R into my stereo ss p.a. + 2x 112 cabs w v30s.

I never trashed the product just noticed something randomly in a comparison of units and came to the forum for help, but being frustrated and bi polar doesn’t help

I do appreciate the ones that did help
we don't know what power amp you use you don't post your preset and a recording how do you want what help

we don't know what power amp you use you don't post your preset and a recording how do you want what help
I already stated, a quilter pro block 200 in the return, but again both units into same source with different results, its not the cab speakers cords, amp its in the units. Also a recording isn't going to pick it up, you have to be there

I already stated, a quilter pro block 200 in the return, but again both units into same source with different results, its not the cab speakers cords, amp its in the units. Also a recording isn't going to pick it up, you have to be there
I have a marshall 9100 power amp with mesa cab all the amp sounds great not understand your bad sound post your preset

I had a 1986 JCM 800. It was VERY much a "shrill" amp until it was at stupid loud levels. This was with my 4x12 loaded with celestion 85's which are a relatively dark speaker. I can't tell if you're honestly seeking help. IF so, post your preset so people can see how you have it set up. I LOVE my Axe III and FM3 because I can get the great tone I want at reasonable levels.
Presence at 0 and Treble at 0-2, Bass at 10 was the way I ran mine with a TS power soak that I finally blew up.

Back
Top Bottom