how do you control high end when going real power amp and cabinet ?

I know what your saying, believe me I have my years in. I am seeking advice I guess now how to control this, is using the high treble cut the best or use a global parametric and cut there? my patch is easy load an in amp your choice and out then put it into a real power amp (solid state) and 4x12
It's possible that someone might see a variable that intentionally or accidentally was tweaked that is exacerbating the tone you don't enjoy. By seeing your preset, it can help.
One quick thing to try would be to make sure you have the newest factory presets loaded and pull up the 800 preset and see if it sounds any better to your ears or the same.
The last general suggestion I would offer would be to try a different amp. I LOVE the tone of a cranked 800 when other people play it, but find that the Friedman BE gives me the tone and feel I've always dreamed of...there are a TON of amps in the FM3 and I bet you'll find at least one that will make you smile ear to ear.

It's possible that someone might see a variable that intentionally or accidentally was tweaked that is exacerbating the tone you don't enjoy. By seeing your preset, it can help.
One quick thing to try would be to make sure you have the newest factory presets loaded and pull up the 800 preset and see if it sounds any better to your ears or the same.
The last general suggestion I would offer would be to try a different amp. I LOVE the tone of a cranked 800 when other people play it, but find that the Friedman BE gives me the tone and feel I've always dreamed of...there are a TON of amps in the FM3 and I bet you'll find at least one that will make you smile ear to ear.
the issue is its there with all amps not just Marshalls

I’ve got a decent collection of vintage / vintage styled amps up to a Friedman Be 100. Also have an Axe Fx III and an FM3 and an HX stomp. I don’t have the moer. I find it pretty easy to dial in awesome sounds with any of these tools. Including going into a power amp and cab. I play my real amps just as much too so I have a good reference point.

I’ve got a decent collection of vintage / vintage styled amps up to a Friedman Be 100. Also have an Axe Fx III and an FM3 and an HX stomp. I don’t have the moer. I find it pretty easy to dial in awesome sounds with any of these tools. Including going into a power amp and cab. I play my real amps just as much too so I have a good reference point.
One thing throwing me is the mooer volume control is faster than the fm3 so it appears fuller at lower volumes but really isn’t , I just found this out so that could be huge

Also the filter block after amp cutting highs works great

So because of your inexperience with fractal products that makes all of us here ( I have been playing guitar for 40+ years) idiots who are just fanatics and crave the fractal name?
this is was my poor attempt at humor, just meaning I can see errors in things

Putting a filter block after the amp block with a well-tuned low pass should easily solve the 20hz-20khz problem.

Personally, I always have an IR block behind the amp block with a low cutoff at 100hz 12db/oct and 6khz or 7khz high cutoff with 12 or 18db/oct. I do not play on a FRFR but on GFR (Redsound LG12SE)

yep just did this and its amazing, really just saved me a lot of headaches selling hahaha, thank you

When we're talking about using standard speaker cabs (not FRFR or full-range drivers), it ALL comes down to the choice of speaker.

I think most experienced gear nuts agree the speaker has a bigger effect on your tone than the amp or guitar.

Getting a powerful clear tone that isn't harsh or buzzy largely comes down to finding a speaker that rolls off in the right spot for your amp/guitar and desired tone. But, sure, if your speaker has too much high end, you can always cut it in the Axe.

I use a electric amps purple cab loaded with eminence man o wars, with a quilter pro block, apples to apples everything the same, the mooer is just more amp like

Those Man O Wars are notoriously bright speakers with super hyped upper-mids ad treble. I am sorry,
but those are some of the worst speakers I could think of to pair with a JCM800 amp model---no matter
where that model is coming from.

That is not a speaker I would choose to use in any setting. I have one still here I wouldn't give away. I have some
UK made G12T-75s that are much smoother and not as shrill---which is what the Man O War is supposedly based on.

Last edited:
In the "real world" a huge part of an amp's tone is the cab/speakers paired with it. Not all amps are going to sound ideal with all cabs/speakers. Not sure what cab you're using but I'd suggest trying a different amp model or a different cab prior to writing off Fractal's ability to sound great in this use case.

Back
Top Bottom