how do we edit the new forum?

paranoid

Fractal Fanatic
I love my fractal axe fx ultra, II, XL, and mfc. I used to like this forum, well most of it. Since the update I am having a really hard time wanting to read posts on the lite background and poor division of quotes and posts. the posters profiles are even hard to focus on, the posts run together with the signitures. Is there any way to edit this? On the old forum I knew how to adjust color and brightness, is there away on this forum? If not I will not hang here much.

Also I started this post and 6 min later it still does not appear as a new post? this used to be almost instant.

Last edited:
To be honest, I hate the new forum all together. Lack of Tapatalk support being a good part of it. They layout, color, quotes, sigs, trying to find a way to get automatically subscribed to a thread in which you replied in for notifications, the notification bar itself is terrible, ect., ect.

I hate it all.

By design in Xenforo. Why do you need to see new posts that are you're own? You made them!

More of an observation really, but it was also confirmation that my post, posted properly. I'm definitely not going to lose sleep over it, but it's yet another feature that existed and now it doesn't.

To be honest, I hate the new forum all together. Lack of Tapatalk support being a good part of it. They layout, color, quotes, sigs, trying to find a way to get automatically subscribed to a thread in which you replied in for notifications, the notification bar itself is terrible, ect., ect.

I hate it all.

I thought I saw a post in another thread where Cliff himself said he hates the new forum ..... there must have been a 'good' reason for the update but I agree with your sentiment wholeheartedly.

Ok so I am guessing there is no way to edit the back ground and or type to make this easier on old eyes. No Iaresee it is not a big deal that the post I started did not go to new post quickly, but they used to. I will hope that fractal will make some changes here, if not I will not loose any sleep and I will probably play my axe fx's a lot more because I will not be on the forum. I had Fractal products before I came to the forum. I will be a Fractal supporter whether I like the forum or not!

I've only visited for a handful of minutes, but my eyes acclimated easily. I like it. We will soon forget the old look. And Fractal has never failed to address bugs or give us the tools we need. Give them time. No, I will not say "soon."

I think we need time to adjust to the new forum. For now I prefer the old forum.
Just curious; what was the reason for the change in the first place? I think the old forum was really good and I didn't see any need for change.

I've gotta join the force on this one, the new forum is user unfriendly for me!

Question: why do you only get an email notification on the first reply and not on all following replies? It's only like this since the new forum.

I have to agree that I like the older layout better. It was easier to navigate your way around and find things.
Just my 2 cents on the subject.

Design aside (TGP has a slightly different look so some things are possible to tighten up if time doesn't heal) .... what I miss is the current threads not being visible when you Preview your post/reply. IE Using the 'More Options' at first option has no current or last posts viewable and subsequently using 'Preview' also has none.

It used to be handy to stop double answering someone as another user might have answered with same info you are thinking of while you were composing your reply.

Question: why do you only get an email notification on the first reply and not on all following replies? It's only like this since the new forum.
You can go to the bottom and click on "More Options..." at the bottom of the reply window. From there you can scroll to the bottom and click check boxes for Watch this thread thread... and receive email notifications. Same as with the other forum software, it just looks different. Checkboxes instead of drop down menus.

Back
Top Bottom