How do I view contents of User 1 - 10 cabs?

mesaboog

Inspired
I have not kept a good record of what I have loaded into the User Ir slots on the axe, and have been having trouble with the Preset Manager.

Is there an easy way to query the Axe to determine what exact CAB IR's are currently populating the 10 user slots?

Thanks,

Scott

OK, so there must be a way to know that I have the correct IR's in the desired USER slots. What am I missing here?

At this time, there is no way to query the Axe-Fx for this info. There is an enhancement request to be able to dump these, which would at least allow you to match (by comparison of contents, or checksum) what was loaded with what you have on your harddrive.

For now, you just have to be good about documenting what you have loaded in these slots.

Ed

Hi Chris,

I Think that if you just load a new user cab into the slot that you want to erase. It will overwrite that cab that's there.

I am not sure but I remember kind of once I kept loading new cabs into the 1st user slot and trying to figure out how to not do that. :)

I hope that helps

Larry

There is an IR titled 'empty' floating around out there which I use to "delete" cabs from my user IR slots.

I load 'empty' into the slot I want to vacate.

Crap,
Editor locked up again right before I was going to write down changes.
i hope this is one of the fixes in the editor that will be in there

I learned long ago, make notes.

No matter how or what you are using; once you have 'it' dialed in, take notes.

I have a folder of user cabs on the PC but I also have a folder called 'current'. In it my 10 cabs are renamed 001-(name), 002-(name), 003-(name), etc.

Easy to keep track of what you have loaded.

I do pretty much the same, but I use a shortcut to the original file, which I rename with "1-(old file name)". So I always know, where the original file came from. Very important for the Recabinet stuff, because the filenames are not as good as the Redwirez ones.

It is still a manual and error prone process.

i copied the filename and used it to label files in CAB section of the new editor.
I havent used the new editor much, but i loaded some new IR's last night and that's what I came up with. I dont know the editor well enought to give the filepath or the workspace- but you can save the cab files in a folder labled CABS within AxeEdit.
Once i copied the filename- I added a location 1-10 so i knew which one went where.
There probably is an easier way within the editor, but i've only used it once before last night and dont really know my way around.

in the past i have used label makers to make a label and stuck it to the inside face of my rack.

Dramelot said:
Lesson learned...........the hard way.

Same here :( . I have an IR in user slot 1 that I really like, and I'm using in a couple patches, and I have no freakin idea what it is :lol: . My short term memory aint what it used to be :roll:

mesaboog said:
OK, so there must be a way to know that I have the correct IR's in the desired USER slots. What am I missing here?

use Lars' editor! it displays the IR names!

cheers
S.

again.. this is something that shouldnt have to be written down on a piece of paper or figured out, especially if it's so crucial to the overall "big picture" of the direct sound. just needs a re-thinking design wise.

dpeterson said:
again.. this is something that shouldnt have to be written down on a piece of paper or figured out, especially if it's so crucial to the overall "big picture" of the direct sound. just needs a re-thinking design wise.
"Should" or "shouldn't" notwithstanding, it has been clear for some time that naming of user IRs will not happen. PITA though it may be, we have no choice but to deal with it.

dpeterson said:

Maybe it has been rethought and the amount of time and axe-fx resources it would require did not seem worth it to Cliff.

So, would it be difficult to implement a feature in the editor to remember the names of what file
was last loaded into a specific cabinet slot and display it when editing instead of "User 1"... ?

Doing that wouldn't eat up any firmware bits, I don't believe.

This wouldn't be much help to the front panel jockeys but would be pretty nifty for the rest of us...

Back
Top Bottom