How Do I The Turn Scene Option OFF?

dank

Inspired
I own the FX-II and the MFC-101. Both are up to date with the firmware. I have a gig this weekend and don't have time to take advantage of the new Scene feature.

My MFC is set up such that 1-5 are my presets, and the remainder of the IAs are effects within a preset.

I keep running across scenes. How do I disable the feature globally?

Thank you.

Scenes are always on. You don't have to "use" them, but you will always be on Scene 1 if you use presets like you have before. Just don't change scenes.

Make sure your MFC IA switches do not have any assignments for Scenes.

Can you give me an example like "switch 4 changes to scene 3" or describe what is currently assigned?

You can also watch my Initial MFC setup video, link to my blog in my signature below.

I think I describe how to assign switches near the end of the vid.

Further, my MFC is not not changing banks when I use the up/down switches.

For that one you have to change the bank limit setting to the highest value available in the MFC Setup menu. I think I should make an updated video for that part.

Okay. I reset the bank size to 5, and that's fine. Back to the original problem. IS 6 is Scene 3. IA 11 is scene 4. I want my individual effects back!

Okay. I reset the bank size to 5, and that's fine. Back to the original problem. IS 6 is Scene 3. IA 11 is scene 4. I want my individual effects back!

In the MFC menus under setup/MIDI page over to the IA setup menu and toggle the switch to IA6 and see if it is mistakenly set to Scene 3. You can toggle through the effects list and assign it back to whatever IA effect you want there. Same for the other ones.....you may want to run through all 17 IA switches and make sure they are correct to you liking.

I see what it is: I have to go into Midi on the MFC and physically change the settings for each IA. I guess when I upgraded it to the latest firmware, it knocked out my original settings.

If I recall, the latest MFC or Axe firmware does re-arrange the IAs. I know i had to reset everything on my MFC. Check the release notes.

I had few weird things not working after upgrading. I was advised to "Reset Parameters" on the Axe-FX II.

A load of my IA switches lost their assignments and scene up/down was behaving oddly.

Resetting the parameters fixed my issues.

It would, but the update moved things around to different CC numbers, not necessarily the default state.

Correct, I took the opportunity to factory reset the MFC and rethink the layout to incorporate sciences.... I still had to reset parameters

gotcha. My old mfc layout was a mess so I reset right away and reorganized everything from scratch with the latest update. Now it's a different kind of mess!

gotcha. My old mfc layout was a mess so I reset right away and reorganized everything from scratch with the latest update. Now it's a different kind of mess!
LOL.... YES!

Exactly my experience.... Resetting the Parameters stopped the swearing.

If you do reset the Parameters, make sure you take note of the MIDI, Tuner and IO settings you may have changed as it will reset these too. Presets and Cabs are not affected.

I now fight with myself to keep everything as stock as I can to make the upgrade process easier.

I now fight with myself to keep everything as stock as I can to make the upgrade process easier.
IT shouldn't matter.... do a system dump from the MFC to your PC (using a midi filer in receive mode on the PC) prior to an upgrade... do a reset after the upgrade then send that dump back to the MFC.

Your settings should now be back the way they were before the upgrade.
It's quick, easy and painless.
Done it many times.

CAVEAT: some MFC upgrades have feature changes that prevent this from working, but that should be identified in the release notes.

Back
Top Bottom