How do I get this incredible tone??? (VID)

Ant Music

Fractal Fanatic
I came across this clip of someone demoing the Jamup app for iPhone. I'm blown away. I am wondering what a good starting point would be to get a tone like this. Or if someone wants to share a preset that'd be great too.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152170642169718

As for Jamup I think it's a cool idea that is only gonna get better with time. I'm not against it but I'd love to replicate this tone on the Axe Fx 2.

To be honest I have virtually no experience with Tube Amps. My only amp for a long time was a JC 120 prior to me getting the Axe Fx. So I have no idea how to approach getting a fender to sing like this. Any tips are appreciated.

i just has a very quick bash with the double verb and the double verb mix cab

i set master at 10, input drive at 10, bass and treb on 7, mid on 3.5, pres on 5. bright switch on, bass cut switch on

plenty of reverb

the clip also sounds compressed, due to the camera audio, but throwing in the MBC after the cab on default settings sounds pretty good and gives it that real presence you hear in the vid

edit: i realise now that the double verb doesn't have a pres control, but it needed that extra bite with that cab. maybe the ultrares jensens wouldn't require it so much...dunno...

Last edited:
Rick Graham is an amazing player , i am wondering if he ever share his patches ? if someone knows share us the link to dowload them

Have to say that I'd hate to be a major amp manufacturer right now. Why on earth would you buy a low-end or midrange amp when you can get all of that out of your phone or tablet? I just bought it to take with me on vacation next month. It saves me from having to carry a Pod with me. I'm looking forward to spending a week with it and seeing what it can do. Now I just need to figure out an easy way to combine the output of the iPad and my laptop so that I can play along with songs on iTunes.

You're right on there Jim, but it's an amazing time to be a guitarist with all these tools! I have Bias too, but not really tried it through anything other than ear buds for a bit of a mess about and to practice a tune

I bet you're looking forward having that 'iPad in the room' thing on vacation!
biggrin.gif

Now I just need to figure out an easy way to combine the output of the iPad and my laptop so that I can play along with songs on iTunes.

Just to pick up on this, if you get JamUp too, it will integrate your Bias tones and your iTunes library so you can jam along, alter tempo etc etc all within the JamUp App
thumbsup.gif

Kriig :)

No,i like the 69" that is in the guitar.
But i will get another Classic Player.. and digg out,to make room for a suhr humbucker.. and change the other pickups as well ;)

Rick is a member here, and an AxeFX user. Ask him. Maybe he'll share his Bias preset settings and you can try to get close with your AFX.

He's on my bucket list of players I'd like to meet in person before my time is up. Much respect for the guy. Monster player.

Back
Top Bottom