How do I fix the action of a specific string on a telecaster?

I would guess the truss rod is loose and the neck has a huge amount of relief . That needs correcting first and it's not a beginner job because you need to feel the tension and judge how far you can go to get it almost straight.
He could just tune it up and fret on the 1st and 14th frets on the "G" and look at the gap at fret 7~9. He is lucky that he can adjust it at tension.
Go up in quarter turns until it is ballpark straight and then 1/8th turns to fine tune. If the neck is already straight it is just the bridge saddles but the picture suggests more. I would be surprised if it was twisted in any meaningful way. I think someone has loosed the truss rod who has no clue what they are doing. I think any tech could fix this in a few minutes .

also I really don’t want to spend $200 every single time something’s wrong with a guitar. (especially this one, I don’t like it and plan on selling it)
Sure, but I'd at least get it set up properly before you decide you don't like it. I mean from the looks of where those saddles are, the intonation is way off, and not just the lower strings; the high e is farther back than the b. And if you do decide to learn how to do it, start with new strings that are stretched out, and of the gauge you want to use.

Back
Top Bottom