How do I do a SLOOOWWW automatic filter sweep?

I am trying to set up a bandpass filter to sweep slowly across the frequency range, sort of like a flanger with the rate set very low, but with a filter effect instead. I can do it manually by moving a wah slowly through its travel over a period of 5-6 seconds, but I'm looking to automate this. The best result I've gotten so far is to connect an LFO to the frequency parameter of the filter. This does the sweeping thing, but it does it too fast. How can I get a very slow sweep going, other than tapping in an extremely slow tempo?

To find the LFO rate for the time you want it to take to sweep from the Wah's full range and back again (min to max to min), divide the time (in seconds) you want it to take by one:

1/6 = .17

In other words you want the inverse of the time in seconds.

If you want the Wah to take 6 second just to go from min to max (or half its range) then divide the time by 0.5

0.5/6 = .08

BTW, I've rounded off the LFO rate value to 2 decimal points to match the accuracy of the LFO.

Bakerman said:
Did you adjust the LFO rate in the control menu? It can be set as low as 0.05 Hz.

That's why we pay you the big bucks! I've never seen that setting. I'll give that a shot, thank you.

Matt_B said:
To find the LFO rate for the time you want it to take to sweep from the Wah's full range and back again (min to max to min), divide the time (in seconds) you want it to take by one:

1/6 = .17

If you want the Wah to take 6 second just to go from min to max (or half its range) then divide the time by 0.5

0.5/6 = .08

BTW, I've rounded off the LFO rate value to 2 decimal points to match the accuracy of the LFO.

You can also use the tempo to set LFO rate. You can slow it down to cycle once every 2 measures I believe.

Matt_B said:

1/6 = .17

0.5/6 = .08

Excellent info, thank you.

Back
Top Bottom