How can I make the Flanger effect louder?

Mr.Modeler

Inspired
I’ve got the mix set to 100%. Don’t want to increase the loudness of the whole mix when I turn it on, just the effect. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Don’t want to increase the loudness of the whole mix when I turn it down, just the effect.

I'm not sure what this means.

Try series at 50% mix. Set the block level to whatever sounds right. When you bypass using thru bypass mode the dry sound will pass through just like if a shunt was in place of the flanger.

I’ve got the mix set to 100%. Don’t want to increase the loudness of the whole mix when I turn it down, just the effect. Thoughts?

Most blocks, like the Flanger, have a parameter called "level" that you can use to make the block louder.

I think the OP might be looking for a stronger Flanger effect rather than one with more level. If so, try increasing the feedback and depth.

I'm not sure what this means.

Try series at 50% mix. Set the block level to whatever sounds right. When you bypass using thru bypass mode the dry sound will pass through just like if a shunt was in place of the flanger.
Stupid spell check, replace Down with On.

Exactly this. Will try the parallel path idea after my workout.

Putting it in a parallel path won't make it stronger. That's just another way to control the mix. Try different flanger types or, as GMArts says, use the feedback.

Putting it in a parallel path won't make it stronger. That's just another way to control the mix. Try different flanger types or, as GMArts says, use the feedback.
Ah, I've tried all the flangers, settled on Stereo Jet. I've played around with the Feedback a lot. Settled on -64.7% to get me the sound I want. I really doesn't increase the volume all that much.

Ah, I've tried all the flangers, settled on Stereo Jet. I've played around with the Feedback a lot. Settled on -64.7% to get me the sound I want. I really doesn't increase the volume all that much.

I'm sorry, I don't understand what that means. Are you asking how to do something? If so, what?

I'm sorry, I don't understand what that means. Are you asking how to do something? If so, what?
I've got a heavy rhythm section I play with the band for a song. At certain points in the song, I'll be chugging away on an Em chord and then I'll engage the flanger towards the end of those sections. The flanger sounds OK but it's too quiet. I'd like the flanger effect to be louder when I engage it. I've played around with most of the settings and I have the Mix set to 100%. It's still too quiet.

Most blocks, including the Flanger, have a parameter called "level" that you can use to make the block louder when it is engaged.

Most blocks, including the Flanger, have a parameter called "level" that you can use to make the block louder when it is engaged.
it seems to make the entire mix louder. Wording through FracPad. Will try FM3-Edit or the unit to see if there are additional options.

Hey, that worked. Set the level through the unit and I’m getting a louder effect. Thanks. Should have thought to have used something instead of FracPad for that.

Generally speaking.... Flangers, Phasers, and Choruses typically need some dry signal to work. They work by manipulating the wet signal. The differences between the dry and wet signals is what make them work.

A 50% mix should give you the strongest effect.

Back
Top Bottom