How about this pedal board solution for the AX8!?!?

Saw these boards, Temple Audio Designs (from Canada I think).
Bloody ingenious stuff!! This fastening system would mean I could easily
take the AX8 on/off the board for home use (where I would have it on a keyboard "drawer"
under the table) for easy hands-on access.

Also, the side flexibility with modular end panels, mountable brackets for in/outs, power etc,
means I could have a tied down fixed solution for 4CM etc, for a very, very clean
and compact stage solution.

I think this is THE board for me at least!
Has anyone else seen this, or perhaps even have some hands-on experience?

EDIT: It is apparently also SUPER light weight!

from NAMM

http://templeboards.com/

I looked into them them for my MFC101 and opted to pass on them due to:
1) They were either too shallow or too deep for my needs.
2) I wanted something lower profile. The final height was like 6".
3) Users reported the finish wasn't that durable.
4) I recall something about longer units flexing in the middle but I think they solved that.

I ended up building my own board for about $15.

I looked into them them for my MFC101 and opted to pass on them due to:
1) They were either too shallow or too deep for my needs.
2) I wanted something lower profile. The final height was like 6".
3) Users reported the finish wasn't that durable.
4) I recall something about longer units flexing in the middle but I think they solved that.

I ended up building my own board for about $15.
Thanks for the heads up!
1.) I think their DUO 17 will be a perfect fit for the AX8

2.) Yeah, this is definitely a concern as the AX8 isn't exactly low profile in itself.
A simple wooden plate like "Trailer Trash" is definitely a better option in that regard,
and of course one could potentially surface mount a "junction" box for in/outs.

3.) Again, thanks for the heads up, doesn't sound good

4.) Yeah, I saw a video of a longer board where they had placed a middle console
underneath, probably to address this issue.

What did you build yourself? I was also looking at building something myself,
there are these sort of particle boards made for nautical builds (wood/plastic mix)
that would be very light, sturdy and virtually indestructible compared with plywood.

I took a piece of plywood, used the bases of the MFC101 and Mission SP-1 as templates for the holes I had to drill to mount them. Then I got some stainless steel kitchen handles for side handles to make it easy pick up. I put three coats of semi gloss black on the board then mounted the the MFC and EP-1 with slightly longer machine screws to account for thickness of the plywood (3/4"). I also used washers underneath to reinforce the screws and added some rubber feet to keep it from sliding around. The whole thing goes in a Mono padded bag.

I use the Duo 24 for my MFC, a four button external and two Mission pedals. As lightweight as it gets, incredibly sturdy, perfect width and depth, super neat looking with all cabling easily routed under the board. Used the cool side panel plates to put an XLR out for the Faslink so I never have to unplug anything directly from the MFC (which saves a lot of wear and tear on the MFC connectors). Absolutely love it.

I don't use their patented method of connection, but instead opted for Dual Lock.

take the AX8 on/off the board for home use (where I would have it on a keyboard "drawer"

Also, the side flexibility with modular end panels, mountable brackets for in/outs, power etc,
means I could have a tied down fixed solution for 4CM etc, for a very, very clean

from NAMM

I like the look of these. Might be a bit high once an AX8 is fixed on there. Might give one a try though.

These do look good. I wonder if the holes would line up w/ the 6 foot screws on the AX8... I'd love to not have to use the adhesive and just be able to use the screws to attach it directly onto the board.

from NAMM

I went and had a look at the website and the NAMM video. These do look pretty good to me *and* for once, the country of origin $$ has the same value as the Aussie $$ so it would not cost 50% more :D I like the options for connectors down the side as well as the cable holes everywhere. It would make for a really neat unit. In terms of holding down the AX8, I was wondering whether you might need 2 or 3 of the sticky plates on the back of it (the plates do not look that large). I am going to try my AX8 on my existing Moen board this weekend to see how it goes on a raised board. I fear that the culmination of angled board and the actual unit might be awkward. Anyhow, thanks for the info

Pretty slick boards!, I like how they have set up for 1/4", XLR and power I/O options on the sides very cool! though I do think they need a custom size option for sizes not offered.

About the height, they seem to be lower profile than the Pedaltrain boards.
Also less steep of an angle. At their highest the PT2 measures 3.5" and the Temple 2.6"
So if people are using PT boards with their AX's, one should be just fine with a Temple
for both total height and angle.

Hey was also checking these out and look like a good solution -

Does anyone have feedback specifically on whether the height with AX8 and the EV1 work with their nylon carry bag? I'm worried it could get too high-profile...

Any other thoughts on comfort due to the angle of the board?

Grateful for any thoughts - thanks all!

Heard nothing else from this post so I went ahead and ordered the Duo 24 - looks just wide enough for the AX8 and 2 expression pedals...I'll let everyone know how it goes once I get it...

Why don't they just make the board so it's the "bottom" of the case and then have a latching lid? The board already has a strong frame/structure.

The pelican outer case is great for hard-touring-abuse, but for "normal" gigging it's so much easier to just pop a lid off and be done.

If they had a 24x17 that did that, I'd order one today, plus it'd be less expensive. You could still do pelican case for tours, just leave the lid at home.

I use one w/the AX8 - perfect for the AX8 and 1 expression pedal...does not fit 2. That fits the bag well, and the bag and board are both very sturdy and well made. Read the thread on rubber "feet" screws... I didn't get any of the plugs/power supply options, just the board and plug directly into the AX8... Hope that helps...

I bought the Trio43 for my gear. Used x4 medium plates for AX8 and ordered replacement screws to fill holes after removing AX8 rubber feet.

C77AE400-83CD-442A-981F-753B040140D3.jpeg

I use one w/the AX8 - perfect for the AX8 and 1 expression pedal...does not fit 2. That fits the bag well, and the bag and board are both very sturdy and well made. Read the thread on rubber "feet" screws... I didn't get any of the plugs/power supply options, just the board and plug directly into the AX8... Hope that helps...

I have heard some struggle to mount the AX8 on the board, but this was not problem to you?

Where do I find the thread "rubber feet screws", is it here on the forum?

Back
Top Bottom