Home Setup

shawnt3

Potential stupid question warning!!

So, I am just about to order my Matrix GX800. Now, normally for my home setup I just run my Axe FX II into my Krk Rockit's and play like that. My potentially stupid question is, is it possible/worth it to run my Axe FX II through my Matrix, over to the KRK's? Will the power amp affect or better the sound I get in any sort of way?

The MAIN use of the Matrix is for live purposes as I will be running this through my Mesa 4x12, but yeah I was just wondering if there was any sort of practibility of the Matrix for when I am using my home rig.

Any input is much appreciated!

IIRC the Krk Rockit's are active monitors with no way of bypassing the build in power amp and using an external power amp like the Matrix

Okay great! I will take note.

My SECOND question,

Sometimes when we play gigs we elect not to bring the cabs and just do DI instead for the convenience. Now, would there be any advantage of going through the power amp to the house speakers? Or is it kind of the same deal, as in it varies from PA to PA.

Thanks!

Okay great! I will take note.

My SECOND question,

Sometimes when we play gigs we elect not to bring the cabs and just do DI instead for the convenience. Now, would there be any advantage of going through the power amp to the house speakers? Or is it kind of the same deal, as in it varies from PA to PA.

Thanks!

Treat the PA as a very big KRK active monitor. It won't need the Matrix to go into it as it's already powered. The Matrix is purely a solution if you need to monitor yourself, whether that be at home or on stage, and to amplify the signal the Axe Fx is giving you into a passive solution.

Think of it like this:

Powered monitors/PA systems don't need additional power. Traditional guitar cabinets and passive speakers need powering, which is where separate power amps like Matrix are used.

Back
Top Bottom