HOLY SHEEP SH*% Batman !

flyingfadr

Power User
HOLY SHEEP SH*% Batman !! I was reading a thread about the Lukather tone, and it reminded me of what I used to do with my Eventide on my old huge rig... I used to use the Detune instead of the Chorus, so I set it up the way I used to run it on albums and live... pretty kewl.... THEN, on a whim, I inserted the Enhancer in the last slot.... HOLY CRAP !! REALLY fattened up the sound... almost like doubling guitar tracks in the studio !
I previously overlooked the Enhancer, never really playing with it, as I "assumed" ( i know, I know ) it was an Exciter, and didn't need the extra high end.... but WOW !... an amazing box, this thing is... as are the people here in the forum... and especially Jason, the guy who invited me into his home to hear this thing in the first place... :cool:

yeah, up to 20ms or so... maybe it was just the combination of that and the Detune, but went from meaty to HUGE !

It's good to be aware of potential phasing issues when using the enhancer. Try summing the signal every now and then and see if it becomes thin.

I am running a stereo cab on the preset, panned hard left and right, and into my studio setup.... was just a very nice surprise to find something so small and overlooked fatten up the sound so much.

Wasn't really concerned with phasing issues, as I was just playing around, and not recording at the moment... will still track normal guitars as mono track, double or quad tracked, with different guitars, etc, but for a single guitar in a Live situation, it's worth a look if you have overlooked the Enhancer.... sweet !

In my previous band we were making a recording with a mixing desk and a harddisk recorder (Alesis HD24).
I got in one evening and the other guitarist called me in to hear something he thought was great. He recorded his guitar into one track, hearing back through a mixer channel. He then fed that channel back into the HD and had that on hearing back on another mixer channel. He panned those hard left and right. It was pretty rocking actually. I smiled and pushed the mono button. Suddenly the tone got immensely thin and nasal.

That's what phase differences do. Unless you're sure you never run mono, stay away from the enhancer. Or at least use it with caution. The feeding back through the HD had created a couple of milliseconds of phase difference. So... there you go.

Back
Top Bottom