Holy Sh*t! Fredrik Thordendal AXE-FX II Rythm Sound

That clip sounds better than the original album version. The guitar tone is warmer with a fuller bottom. Anyone else prefer the guitar tone here and the mix in general?

its in 10.10!! :) btw what cabs are you guys using the thordendal amp i am having trouble finding one to match

I'm using the 'metal 4x12' with r121 mic. This one isn't in the axe anymore but you can find it on the web.

Thanks for sharing the link to the metal 4x12! I've never heard of that one before but i'll definitely give it a crack

They are at the top of their game... they invented their game really, and pull it all off live without fail... crazy time signatures, go see live and you should get it... or not ;)

ok, crazy time signatures is not easy but playing like the same low guitar note 20 times in a row, i just don't get how this is good...

ok, crazy time signatures is not easy but playing like the same low guitar note 20 times in a row, i just don't get how this is good...

I don't get it either man... and I used to be a huge metalhead back in the day. His technique is horrible, but I can't help but think that's part of the appeal. Fret hand ring finger knuckle is buckled, plays on the pads of his fingers instead of the tips, holds his pick with his thumb knuckle, pulls the first fret out of tune every time he frets it, uses the same finger for that ascending section... but he's stupid famous and I'm a nobody, so perhaps he knows something I don't.

Back
Top Bottom