High Treble

andyp13

Power User
is it my FRFR (RCF TT08a) but on every amp I dial up the first thing I need todo is back the High Treble off, down from 12 o’clock to around 9 o’clock otherwise it’s too zingy.

For those using FRFR, I suggest we pass a law by unanimous consent that all tweeters be removed and banished from the kingdom. My Xitone sounds significantly better without the tweeter engaged.

For those using FRFR, I suggest we pass a law by unanimous consent that all tweeters be removed and banished from the kingdom. My Xitone sounds significantly better without the tweeter engaged.
I'm the same way w/ my Atomic Reactor. Usually the tweeter is on very low if at all... and I even roll off a touch of treble in my global eq settings.

The only thing is... doesn't that essentially make it not FR anymore? :)

That's the LAST thing I would want to do with my CLR's. They don't even have a tweeter control & don't need one. They sound great & the sounds translate very well, even to headphones.

Here is my experience - Own all of these scattered around the house/studio.

Note 1 - I'm 53, a trademark lawyer, haven't gigged since 1993; haven't recorded a CD since 1998, but love gear:
Note. 2 - I have tin, not golden ears.

CLR - maybe just turn down the high treble or low-pass filter - Axe-FX III has the pleasure of mating with the CLR (or vice-versa)

Friedman ASM-10 - that's in my studio, so I can turn it up - sounds really great - Axe-FX II

Atomic FR - haven't used it in a while, but always sounded good using older firmware.

PowerCab - I use the Flat Setting and once in a while turn off Cabs in the AX8 (which is where my Powercab is located)

Xitone 10 inch - never loved it until I turned the tweeter off - then it sounded great. That made me think about why all patches (mine, pro, exchange) sound so grating, harsh, way too crisp not crunchy). Got rid of the FRFR high end in these and most sounded much better. Well that and Austin's patches and level setting.

Equator D5s - Monitor - I tried pretty much every 5 inch monitor and these had the least crisp high end. But I use my clear whenever possible for guitar noodling.

Your Experience may differ due to your personal likes, requirements, etc.

I have use Xitone, and have also used Mission, AccuGroove, etc.

I do not share these opinions.

Use the high and low cut in the Cab block... Mine are about 85Hz and 7500Hz, respectively... But could be lower.

Also can be affected by IR and guitar choice.

I used to feel this way for some of the patches on the II but since I got the III, I find that if anything, I am looking to add a little treble.

Pretty sure I can’t hear anything over 8KHz these days...I think I just saved myself a fortune! No need to buy a pair of Atomic CLRs...I can probably just run into my 4 2x12 cabs and leave the Cab IRs’ running...Off to the Mancave!

Back
Top Bottom