High Pitch Buzz ib XLR Balanced outputs

Btv327

I have my Axe Fx II hooked into a mesa power amp on output 1 and an MBox two on XLR output 2. I am experiencing a high pitched buzz on both channels. Does anyone know what could be causing this? Thanks

Unplug one of the channels. Does the problem go away?

If yes, then it's likely a ground loop. Try switch the ground switch on the XLR outputs on the Axe-FX.

The sound is the same if I unplug either one or have both plugged in. I don't seem to have the issue when I run an XLR into the XLR preamp on my interface, which I just discovered. I have an mbox 2, has anyone experienced this. I am using a balanced to balanced XLR to TRS, and I have test the cables elsewhere and did not have a problem with them.

I've never heard of a Mesa power amp with balanced inputs. Furthermore there is no "XLR Output 2". The XLR outputs are Output 1 Left and Right. Please describe exactly what your doing in detail so that we aren't trying to guess what is plugged into what.

I have my Axe Fx II hooked into a mesa power amp on output 1 and an MBox two on XLR output 2. I am experiencing a high pitched buzz on both channels. Does anyone know what could be causing this? Thanks

The sound is the same if I unplug either one or have both plugged in. I don't seem to have the issue when I run an XLR into the XLR preamp on my interface, which I just discovered.
So which is it? Do you get a buzz when just the MBox input (which you say is your interface) is used and the Mesa unplugged, or not? You've contradicted yourself.
What model of Mesa power amp? As Cliff says, if they have 1/4" inputs, then they are probably unbalanced and need unbalanced (TS) not balanced (TRS) input cables.

My apologies, I was in a rush and wasn't being clear (or accurate) with my description. Here is what I have:

Axe FX II unbalanced output 1 left and right going into a Mesa 2:Fifty Power amp (unbalanced) input via unbalanced TS cables.

I am also using the Left and Right XLR balanced outputs from output 1 and running those into an Mbox2 mini (line in/DI).

I don't experience the buzzing sound when I plug my guitar directly into the "Line in/DI" of the mbox, so I think the sound is coming from my Axe FX. I have been able alieviate the issue by adjusting my gain structure. Is this sound I am experiencing possible due to the relation between my output signal and the Axe Fx II's noise floor? I am basically looking for the most optimal settings based on everyone's experience. Thanks!

Unplug the outputs on the back and plug some headphones into the front of the Axe-FX. Noisy? Buzzing?
If it is, then unplug your guitar and guitar cable from the front of the Axe-FX and listen.
Quiet? Then the noise is your guitar.
Still buzzing? Something is wrong with your Axe-FX.
Not noisy or buzzing when you disconnect the rear outputs? Something wrong with your wiring to the mbox, Mesa or something wrong with those pieces of gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A computer reboot seems to have eliminated the problem. I probably should have started there. I am still relatively new with the Axe Fx, so I appreciate the responses (and patience).

Back
Top Bottom