High Frequency Buzz on anything with some gain

nickxmix

Inspired
I have had this buzz for about a fortnight now. Have it at different venues and at home with different guitars even when wireless. Cables changed, earth lift switch either way. Changes of firmware from Ares 1.3 back to 10.1, etc. still the same . I am a Technician and nothing has changed in cabling or anything else. I can almost Notch out the Frequency with -12db cut @ about 4099Hz with a Q of about 3.00, using a filter block at the end of the grid but it looses tone which you can't really make up. I can make do but I need to fix this. Anyone had the same problem. I'm hoping I may only need to change the input board. I have tried both front and back inputs by the way. So hopefully someone can chime in. I've read and tried everything in AaronB's thread but nothing changes. anything clean is fine but as soon as some gain is applied in an amp or a drive block is added the buzz starts to show. As I said I have never had this in the six years I have owned the Axe-FXII version 1. All updates have never had a glitch. It has only recently started.
Thanks Nick Australia

Last edited:
Could it be an alien spaceship's microwave interfering with your tone from above? Sorry that's all I can think of without any sound clip

I think I have found the problem at home at least. It is the new ducted air conditioning system with Electronic control, recently installed. I'll try it at church on Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom