Implemented Hi/Lo Cut for each IR slot in the Cab Block

Wouldn't it be better to make them follow the main slope setting in the cab block instead of having fixed slopes?

What would be the preferred slope? 6 or 12 dB/oct?

I like the steeper the better, as long as there is no peaking going on, a lot easier to hear where the cutoff is working when it's a straight cliff drop. When it's a smoother slope it mushes more at the edges and the contrasting / phasing effect is less pronounced where the bookend frequencies are almost the same but not exactly the same

Having individual High and Low Cut controls for each IR slot would help tremendously in fine tuning your cab sound. Different from a master high/low cut, it would allow you to hear only what you want from each mic. You could retain natural top end or low end from one mic while gently or aggressively cutting it from another mic giving you more flexibility in tailoring your tone.

Since “Mic Distance” and “Align” do the same thing, omitting “Mic Distance” from the Cab Page and adding individual high and low cuts (looking at Axe-Edit) would be fantastic.

I thought this was already in there since its about the same a CabLab, but nice to read it will be implementes as i also use this feature a lot.

33978303338_1de3175de3_o.png

Awesome Sauce! I’ve been wanting this for quite a while. I thought there was some issue about phase issues, linear phase using too much cpu or something?

Having individual High and Low Cut controls for each IR slot would help tremendously in fine tuning your cab sound. Different from a master high/low cut, it would allow you to hear only what you want from each mic. You could retain natural top end or low end from one mic while gently or aggressively cutting it from another mic giving you more flexibility in tailoring your tone.

Since “Mic Distance” and “Align” do the same thing, omitting “Mic Distance” from the Cab Page and adding individual high and low cuts (looking at Axe-Edit) would be fantastic.
Love this idea!!!

I’d think 12 dB/oct on the low and 6 dB/on the high, but I’m not picky. Just happy that you’re considering it.

If you’ve been able to put it into practice yet, do you have a preference?

A more aggressive low cut slope and subtle high cut slope may yield more natural results. Just my two cents.
100% agree; the existing 12db Low/6db Hi slope option is my default Cab Block slope choice now for everything.

Back
Top Bottom