hey there buying my ax fx today couple quick questions

I have decided on the standard because i am just a basement hobbyist sick of buying tube heads.

when i get it do i have to download all the firmwares? or can i load the latest one and be up to date. i know some contain updates and new things a little unclear on the whole update thing.

also with all these updates does the standard have enough memory or should i buy the ultra for the extra room

thx in advance for any help

look forward to being a part of this community have been reading here for a couple weeks now and seems like a great forum

I've have a standard with the lastest firmware and it works perfectly, plus if your buying it new the latest firmware should already be on it.

Strat-O-Matic said:
I've have a standard with the lastest firmware and it works perfectly, plus if your buying it new the latest firmware should already be on it.
What "strat" said. Yours should arrive with the latest firmware burned in. Mine did.

If you buy used you can just download the most recent firmware - no need to update in stages or anything. I bought used right after 9.02 came out and then was able to update to 9.03 myself with no issues.

You'll love the standard! I've yet to tax mine enough to max the CPU. Unless you are trying to use two separate signal chains you should be just fine with the standard.

thx guys answered all my questions.

ordered it last night now the waiting game begins :lol: . i live in Canada not sure how long it will be. but oh well i know its worth it

just gives me some reading time so i can limit my noob questions on here :?

shatteredego said:
thx guys answered all my questions.

ordered it last night now the waiting game begins :lol: . i live in Canada not sure how long it will be. but oh well i know its worth it

just gives me some reading time so i can limit my noob questions on here :?
LOL - don't feel bad about that. I've had my Ultra less than a week now.
I've read up plenty in the months before I purchased, but now it's here I feel like total idiot.
Stuff that I thought was obvious is now "uh?".
Stuff that that many folks treat as simple/straightforward :)

shatteredego said:
I have decided on the standard because i am just a basement hobbyist sick of buying tube heads.

when i get it do i have to download all the firmwares? or can i load the latest one and be up to date. i know some contain updates and new things a little unclear on the whole update thing.

also with all these updates does the standard have enough memory or should i buy the ultra for the extra room

look forward to being a part of this community have been reading here for a couple weeks now and seems like a great forum

I bought the standard too.

It has enough memory for my purposes, it depends on how much of an effect hog you are. Even still, the standard can use quite a bit of effects/drives and what not. The amp models are the same as the Ultra so it of course sounds great.

The good thing is that the standard has a good resale value so if you feel like it isn't enough after a while you can sell it with not much money lossed.

For updating the firmwares and messing with patches, getting "Axe-Edit" is a godsend so I HIGHLY recommend downloading it (its free). You do however need a midi interface for firmware updates and to use Axe-Edit. I used a Cakewalk ug with my Macbook Pro but unfortunately it didn't work. I ended up getting this cheap 5 dollar Chinese one that works fine haha :)
http://www.amazon.com/CablesToBuy-Cable ... 95&sr=8-13

Just check the thread here in the forum for midi interfaces that work.

I am very happy with my Axe standard so far, I don't really see any need for the Ultra in the future for me.

shatteredego said:

While you're waiting for the delivery:
http://axefxwiki.guitarlogic.org/index. ... ks_How_Tos

just got it tonight omg so awesome!

tried every preset and some useless shit in there imo but great demo of the capability of this monster.

first try to make an edit and almost nailed pantera's walk tone in like 10 minutes

thx for your messages guys look forward to uploading and sharing some patches once i get midi'ed up

Back
Top Bottom