Hey D20, please have a look here

Alright Rif,

Here's a short 15 seconds or so I did with your patch this morning. No change at all from me, and it's only one guitar track. Tell me if what you hear relates to what you are experiencing when you play with your patch. I believe you play downtuned, and I play in standard, but the relation in sound should be easy to make.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_so ... ID=8136236

What I am hearing is that our guitars sound just a bit different. Mind sounds a bit thinner and yours is fatter. It pretty bass heavy and has big low-mids, while mine has less (and therefore a tighter) bass and a little dip in the low-mids.
Your sound reminds me very much of my Charvel 750 XL. On the analyzer, our tracks do not differ very much and look quite similar. So I just hear two different guitars, everything else is just fine.
You can adjust the patch to match your guitar by taming the bass and maybe the low-mids with the EQs. Thanks to Cliff, the Axe-Fx reacts to different guitars very well... as we can see here.

RiF said:
What I am hearing is that our guitars sound just a bit different. Mind sounds a bit thinner and yours is fatter. It pretty bass heavy and has big low-mids, while mine has less (and therefore a tighter) bass and a little dip in the low-mids.
Your sound reminds me very much of my Charvel 750 XL. On the analyzer, our tracks do not differ very much and look quite similar. So I just hear two different guitars, everything else is just fine.
You can adjust the patch to match your guitar by taming the bass and maybe the low-mids with the EQs. Thanks to Cliff, the Axe-Fx reacts to different guitars very well... as we can see here.

Great, you basically confirmed that my gear, and especially the Ultra is fine. Excellent news. Thanks a lot for your collaboration Rif, I appreciate it.

I can finally let that thread die a peaceful death :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom