Here's a question for you AxeFxII Gurus -- LFO Sweep

pamisano

Inspired
So I have a preset that has a Formant block in it. I have the sweep contolled by LFO1. I have the tempo close to the beat of the song. I have the effect controlled by a momentary switch, down is on, up is off. What I want to do is have the sweep start from 0 everytime I press the momentary switch. I use the effect multple times throughout the song, sometimes the sweeps starts at 0, sometimes it starts at 75, etc.

Is there a way to get the LFO sweep to always start at 0 or is there another way to do this, keeping in mind I DON'T want to use an expression pedal.

Thanks in advance!!!

Pete

have you tried attaching the switch to the "run" parameter of the lfo? then every time you engage the effect, you'll also start the lfo running

Reactions: yek
will that engage the Fomant block as well? Or, do I make it both the Formant block engage and attach it to the run parameter of LFO1?

both. you don't say how you're making the switch work. is it plugged into the back of the axe? into your pedalboard? on your pedalboard? is it attached to an external? what?

either way...attach it to the lfo run as well as the formant, so when the formant turns on, the lfo starts to run. when you take your foot off, the formant bypasses and the lfo stops

you might want to change the lfo from a sine wave to a saw down, as well. have a play around with the different types and the duty parameter to get the behaviour you want

if it's only on briefly, then running the lfo off the switch should do it. you could use the sequencer, but it might be using a sledgehammer to crack a nut...

both. you don't say how you're making the switch work. is it plugged into the back of the axe? into your pedalboard? on your pedalboard? is it attached to an external? what?

either way...attach it to the lfo run as well as the formant, so when the formant turns on, the lfo starts to run. when you take your foot off, the formant bypasses and the lfo stops

you might want to change the lfo from a sine wave to a saw down, as well. have a play around with the different types and the duty parameter to get the behaviour you want

I have a momentary switch connected to the 3/4 switch input of my MFC-101. I have the switch set up as a momentary and assigned to the Formant block. I did as you suggested and assigned the momentary switch also to External 7, witch I then assigned to the RUN function of the LFO1. That worked great. SAW UP actually is what I was looking for and now have it doing what I want. The sweep starts at 0 every time I press the momentary switch.

Thanks for the help!

Pete

Back
Top Bottom