Here's a metal tone I made.. (Inspired by Michael Romeo's tone on "Iconoclast"

I am just in love with the tone of Michael Romeo's (Symphony X) guitar on the album Iconoclast so I've been trying my best to replicate it on my Axe II (which I fn LOVE btw!!). I'm using the ENGL amp with an ENGL cab from Redwire Impulses. It's still a work in progress and I think i need to tone down on the gain a bit but I was wondering if I could have your guy's feedback?

Thanks for listening!

Symphony X - "Heretic" Cover (AXE-FX II) - YouTube

Sounds awesome! And pretty close to the Iconoclast tone - good job. Would love to see the patch.

Thanks a bunch guys. I'd love to post the patch. What's the method for doing so? (I'm retarded :D)
I love how the fingers blur with the lo-res video - makes it seem even faster. :twisted

When you reply, press the "Go Advanced" button at the bottom of the page. Then you'll get many more buttons, one of which is for attachments.
Export your patch and you'll get a .syx file that you can attach to your post.

Ah,...I've been racking my brain on how to do that!..I would like future patches thrown to the wolves on here for dissection, but never thought of the "go advanced"...

Wow thanks guys! I wasn't expecting such a positive response! I'll post the patch on the preset exchange board.

I actually have some originals I'll post using the Axe II and my Carvin 7 string soon, as per guitarzpt's request.

brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! someone has finally done it, my man see my name

wow, excellent, my namesake. best band in the world. great new album. hhhhheavy. amazing playing. saw them once this year in SF, may go again in Feb. In fact it was at the symph x concert that the countdown (now infamous) finished for the axe 2 announcement. I had one day left to return the ultra, and boom, it all came together that night.

Keep it up and send the presets. thanks much. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom