Helping choosing which Axe FX model to go for

Welcome, I got mine second hand but G66 transferred the remaining warranty no problem.

Just out of interest, was it this one by any chance? Saw this earlier today,

I nearly went for it but they wanted me to pay the PayPal expenses and when you added that to their asking price it was nearly the same as getting one from a shop with a lot more feedback on previous sales, so it seemed more sensible to go for that really.

I figured that an XL+ cant be more than two years old so all of them must have at least some warranty left.

Seems like a good deal really if you want to take the risk of not seeing it first!

Good choice. I don't think a new unit is coming soon and even if there is it doesn't matter because the XL+ could last you a decade or a life time.
I bought mine new last year for about £2300....then Brexit happened.
I'm glad i took the plunge on the Axe fx and PRS when I did because it would be an extra £1000 now.

My big issue with buying used is the lack of a warranty. In most cases, you never know how much wear a used unit has seen, and if it breaks down a month after you receive it, what recourse do you have other than to ship it off for repairs at cost?

These things are pretty bullet proof.
I think the failure rate is quite low.

These things are pretty bullet proof.
I think the failure rate is quite low.

They're not bullet proof. From what I can see the failure rate is fairly low, but I've seen enough posts from people who've had to send their unit in for repair that I'd rather have a warranty than not.

They're not bullet proof. From what I can see the failure rate is fairly low, but I've seen enough posts from people who've had to send their unit in for repair that I'd rather have a warranty than not.

It's only a one year warranty unless you get some kind of extended warranty.
If you are saving 300-400$ I wouldn't worry about it all.

It's only a one year warranty unless you get some kind of extended warranty.
If you are saving 300-400$ I wouldn't worry about it all.

I would. Depending on what's broken, replacement parts may or may not be expensive. Plus, a new unit has no mileage. I'd rather have a unit with no mileage and a warranty than potentially years of use and no warranty.

I would. Depending on what's broken, replacement parts may or may not be expensive. Plus, a new unit has no mileage. I'd rather have a unit with no mileage and a warranty than potentially years of use and no warranty.

By all means buy new then.

I received my Axe Fx 2 mark 2 yesterday, pristine condition for 1600 dollars, pulled he plastic off the screen myself.

But then again, I was patient and searched and searched for the "Right" one at a good price point.

The point is, don't settle, be patient, think it through, this stuff isint cheap. I almost got an Ultra because I was fed up with false ads and overpriced gear.

I highly recommend Reverb.com, the guys over there are great and I got most of all of my gear from them (axe too)

Agreed. I did it in the same way with so much informations I could get. All the FX I´ve bought were technically in very good condition. AXE FX have been bought from people who know the worth about this stuff. It´s not any pedal wich was treaten.......

Ditto up in here. I bought an Axe II from a guy off reverb. Great price, great seller and...fantastic piece of gear! It has (almost) completely cured my GAS. But I don't feel a need to upgrade; there is no benefit. When Axe III comes out, I'll take a look.

Back
Top Bottom