Help

msmith886

Inspired
I have had my AX8 for several months and I have all the sudden started getting a bad buzz I just can't figure out where it's coming from. I have tried cables etc. It even buzzes when I am not playing. I use a tele or strat a lot and run from a shure wireless to a dunlop crybaby to ev to ax8. I can't figure out what is going on with it.

Also I am having trouble using axefxsend now and it is not letting me do files. I am trying to load the new larry mitchell presets in there they posted. Axefxsend updates also every time I try to use it or downloads something.

Any ideas on how to fix either of these things ?

I have had my AX8 for several months and I have all the sudden started getting a bad buzz I just can't figure out where it's coming from. I have tried cables etc. It even buzzes when I am not playing. I use a tele or strat a lot and run from a shure wireless to a dunlop crybaby to ev to ax8. I can't figure out what is going on with it.

Also I am having trouble using axefxsend now and it is not letting me do files. I am trying to load the new larry mitchell presets in there they posted. Axefxsend updates also every time I try to use it or downloads something.

Any ideas on how to fix either of these things ?

What is axefsxsend?

Buzz could be any number of things, bad cables, you claimed to check, bad wiring or florescent lighting in your place, a loose jack in your speaker...good luck.

Got it. Now to trouble shoot the buzz. It's gotten worse and worse. Think it has to be the EV or wah pedal. I haven't touched my presets at all. So that wouldn't make sense

Got it. Now to trouble shoot the buzz. It's gotten worse and worse. Think it has to be the EV or wah pedal. I haven't touched my presets at all. So that wouldn't make sense

Why not start with using AX8 DIRECT (IOW, NO pedals, no wireless...check your buzz. Then add each other component one at a time. With the wireless being the next\first thing you add. When the buzz returns you will have a better grasp of where the buzz is coming from.
Fractool is a great tool and I hope everyone has donated something. BTW,, personally I would uninstall axefx send and install fractool. Just MO of course

It almost sounds like it is a pulsing sound on some of the presets. I have posted them below to see what y'all think. I use these three. They are slightly tweaked from what Freman did originally. I don't if it could be because of the scenes I have set or VU level or what the issue could be. Would love to hear what y'all think. I haven't tweaked presets in forever so just doesn't make sense to have a crazy buzz or whatever. I just switched cables btw.

Please let me know what y'all think. Seems to be on these only for some reason.

Attachments

• Keith Urban Tweed 4sc.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 0
  • [TM] Mr Z Mz-38.syx
  • Pedal Steel.syx
As always, when troubleshooting, eliminate as many suspects as possible from the equation. Run a cable from your instrument to the AX8, and a single output from the AX8 to a single source, no other devices or cnnections. Do a reset on the AX8. Reload the firmware and factory presets. If it still does it, try a different device than the AX8, try a different instrument, or a different output source. You should be able to narrow down the culprit.

Will double check on that tomorrow. Not at it right now. Just seems strange and almost a pulsing type buzz sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom