Help with unwanted triggering of effects

jsletner

Experienced
I have a few presets with a filter setup as an envelope filter effect using the envelope controller.
AutoEngage is off.
The filter is bypassed.
MFC is disconnected.
USB is disconnected.
Axe Edit is not being used.
FW 10.11
If I switch to the preset with no signal from the guitar the effect will be off as I expect.
If however I switch to the preset while there is a signal from the guitar the effect will be on.

The preset is attached if anybody wants to look at it.
View attachment Vox Matchless ATUR.syx

This has been happening for as long as I can remember so its not an issue with the latest FW release.
I'm guessing I have something set wrong, but I just can't see it.
My workaround is to not play while switching patches which is not convenient to say the least.

If you want to try it XP1 is volume, XP2 is a wah

Any help will be appreciated.

Edit: I'm turning the effect off and on (bypass) with an IA switch. The frequency and Q are tied to the envelope.
Edit2: Also if you try the patch the IR is custom so you'll need to change it to something suitable.

Last edited:
If I switch to the preset with no signal from the guitar the effect will be off as I expect.
If however I switch to the preset while there is a signal from the guitar the effect will be on.

If the effects are linked to the envelope it sounds like it's acting correctly.

I had the same problem around fw 9 with a preset where the wha was attached to the envelope controller. The thing I did was to completely rebuild the preset from scratch in a new location. I removed one of the blocks in the original preset that I did not really use.

I don't know if it was the rebuild that solved the problem or if it was the fact that I removed one of the blocks, but that solved the problem of the wha block being active when playing and switching presets.

For me the problem only occurred when switching FROM a preset where there was a wha block present and where the autoengage was set to on.

I posted the preset and some people tried it but the problem did not ocurr on other peoples units.

have you tried loading the patch, disconnecting the ia, bypassing the block, reattaching the ia and saving?

I don't know if it was the rebuild that solved the problem or if it was the fact that I removed one of the blocks, but that solved the problem of the wha block being active when playing and switching presets.

For me the problem only occurred when switching FROM a preset where there was a wha block present and where the autoengage was set to on.

I just tried switching from a completely blank preset and it still does it.

I really don't want to rebuild the patch but at this point I may have to give it a try.

ah, i see you're using the mfc....so are you using the default cc to bypass the wah (i.e. you haven't changed anything in the mfc or the axe)

Ok you caught me. I have the filter set to 77 same as the pitch bypass. That way I just use the same IA for filter or pitch. Of course it means I have to have the pitch effect
sitting in the preset unused so that the MFC lights up when I turn them both on or off. I'm aware this is not the preferred method but it seems like its easy.

Anyway I set it back to default and the problem still persists.

Ok I rebuilt the preset one effect at a time. As soon as I add the looper the trouble begins. Any ideas?

Do your modifiers using the envelope have the Auto-Engage option turned on?
Edit- sorry, just re-read the op!

Back
Top Bottom