Help with this tone

fcs101

Axe-Master
Can anyone suggest how to get close to this tone? Not looking for perfection, just something close. I have some ideas with existing factory presets, but some of you seem to have a knack for this. Tagging @simeon ! Thanks for any ideas.

Sounds like fast chorus with some delay on top.
I think you're onto something. I threw together Comp-Chorus-Amp-Cab-Delay, cranked chorus speed to full and full wet and definitely get the sense of it. That's at least a starting point.

May experiment with a bit of rotary as @edo suggested as well.

Thank you.

Yes, I've quickly added Rotary and Delay to the preset I had opened right now, and I got this. It just needs to refine delay tempo, duck and feedback. Also needs some reverb. (The distortion is not the same, though. No time for that)

Dude, that's killer. Exactly what I need. Thanks so much for putting that together.

Yep - the guitarist who originally tracked it used one of the Rotary engines on the HX Stomp. (plus a stereo/ping-pong kinda delay)

Edit: There's also a video on Youtube that you may find helpful. I can't post links yet - too new here - but if you search for "Praise Lead Guitar Tutorial" by user @wwinford, you should be able to find it. Scroll to about 50 seconds in and it's got on-screen settings for the HX rotary engine that's pretty much an exact match for the Multitrack recording. If you happen to have an HX device or HX Native or something you could plug those settings in and A-B with your Fractal setting till you've got it just right.
(Not my video, but I've used his stuff as a resource before and it's really solid)

Last edited:
Yep - the guitarist who originally tracked it used one of the Rotary engines on the HX Stomp. (plus a stereo/ping-pong kinda delay)

Edit: There's also a video on Youtube that you may find helpful. I can't post links yet - too new here - but if you search for "Praise Lead Guitar Tutorial" by user @wwinford, you should be able to find it. Scroll to about 50 seconds in and it's got on-screen settings for the HX rotary engine that's pretty much an exact match for the Multitrack recording. If you happen to have an HX device or HX Native or something you could plug those settings in and A-B with your Fractal setting till you've got it just right.
(Not my video, but I've used his stuff as a resource before and it's really solid)
Thanks for the tip! I don't have any L6 stuff anymore, but there might be some good info.

Piing set me up for success. I took his preset and am just refining it. Good stuff.

Back
Top Bottom