Help With Purchase

Tyler Box

Ok. So I've been playing guitar for about 8 years and I'm finally starting to want to get a professional rig. I currently own a Vox combo 1x12 amp, a didgitech rp500 as a pedalboard, and my current guitar is an ESP LTD EC-1000. I'm a huge metal fan (love Periphery Metallica etc.) and I'm looking to not only get a bedroom sound like them but also a live sound if needed. So, after much research I've come to this decision for my next purchases.

1. Axe Fx Standard
2. Not entirely sure what power amp to get just yet, is the semour Duncan powerstage 700 worth the price?
3. A relatively cheap 2x12 but with good value for the price with good bedroom and live sound.

Now my questions...

What poweramp would be needed to power a 2x12 cab? Is the Seymour Duncan worth the money?

What 2x12 cab would work best for my situation?

Lastly, I'm looking to start recording my own music, would the scarlet 2i2 be a good first purchase? And would the rig above be able to accomplish home recording.

Thank you for all of your time!

The Scarlet 2i2 is pretty popular. I don't think you can go wrong with that.

Would it be a bad idea to run the Axe-Fx straight through the PA? I haven't used mine live yet, but it does seem good enough and it would save you a few bucks.

The Scarlet 2i2 is pretty popular. I don't think you can go wrong with that.

Would it be a bad idea to run the Axe-Fx straight through the PA? I haven't used mine live yet, but it does seem good enough and it would save you a few bucks.
I have now decided to purchase a cheap behringer inuke nu1000 for my power supply, and a 2x12 bugera cab. I hope this setup will work as intended.

regarding PA, that won't be used as much as like bedroom playing and stuff. The live application would be if I were to start playing live.

IMO you're better off investing in a decent set of studio monitors if you're only looking to use it at home and to record with. That way you can get the most out of the in built cabs (or load in your own IR's) rather than be stuck with one particular speaker cab.

Step up to an axe fx II and it will no need interface to record to a DAW. The standard is a good unit but the axe fx II gives way more options.

Ok, New update

I have now purchased a Bugera 2x12, and a behringer Inuke nu1000 as a poweramp.
Im currently looking for a Axe fx Ultra as a live rig with bedroom play ability also.

I will defintly purchase a set of monitors later on for recording purchases!

Back
Top Bottom