Help with FM3, temple audio board and seahorse 920 case.

Edrod

Power User
Hello guys,

My current bag fell apart a few days ago and I needed a new method to very my stuff. After doing some research about a new case or bag, I ran into the FM9 case thread. I really liked the setup everyone was getting.

The seahorse 920 case setup was my favorite. The only con I'd say is the bulk compared to a carrying bag. On the other hand, I prefer my gear to be secured.

Unfortunately, I became overwhelmed trying to customize to my needs. The fm3 is mounted into a temple audio board. I couldn't find a lot of information on how to deal with the foam. Are people cutting some of it and leaving the rest for protection/snug.

I'm trying to put my laptop under the fm3. I have included some picks to give everyone an idea of what I'm trying to do. The problem I'm running into is that my board would have to sit deep in the case. I don't know how to make it fit properly. I have a mesh organizer on the way that'll install in my case.

Hoping for some pointers or help, I'd really like to make this work.

@jetdriver1775 @sarge @dicXjonesify your feedback would be greatly appreciated. How did guys had layes cut etc.

I included some pics for context. I'm hoping I can puty laptop right the the temple audio board.

Thank you all for your time

Eddi

Attachments

• 20220912_210314.jpg
    20220912_210314.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 57
  • 20220912_222422.jpg
    20220912_222422.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 56
  • 20220912_222456.jpg
    20220912_222456.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 57
Sorry, just seeing this now.

With the temple board your height will be different then what I have with just the FM9. I plucked the foam based on what I saw earlier folks do so that I could have expression pedal, cables, wireless on the bottom and FM9 on the top. Given you have your laptop and the FM3 with the board, your height adjustments would have been different then mine. Based on your pics it looks like you need the bottom layer to be considerably thinner in order to close the case and still keep the foam on top.

I will add since I have had this case I have had to drag it through pouring rain 3 times where it got drenched and the inside was bone dry.

Love this case! If it were damaged somehow I would buy another one to replace it. Handle and wheels have come in handy way more then I initially thought they would. Especially when having to park far from the venue.

Attachments

• SeahorseCase1.jpg
    SeahorseCase1.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 30
  • SeahoresCase2.jpg
    SeahoresCase2.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 28
Interesting… love the case. One question: when you take the cubes out, is it permanent or can you put back together somehow? Is it one chance to get it right?

Interesting… love the case. One question: when you take the cubes out, is it permanent or can you put back together somehow? Is it one chance to get it right?
Once you’ve plucked a cube, it’s gone. The good news is that, with a little thought, you’re not likely to pluck It more than you need to. When in doubt, pluck out less, and then see how it fits.

The other good news is that you can buy replacement pick-‘n’-pluck foam.

Back
Top Bottom