Help with a Layout FC-12

Old News

Inspired
I am a complete knucklehead when it comes to this stuff -- but I know what I want -- and it is rather simple (I think --- LOL).

1. I want 1-8 switches dedicated to presets/Scenes
2. Switch 5 (tap 3x) to cycle 1-8 through preset/Scene/Effects
3. Switch 5 - Tuner (tap on/off) -- hold down for tap tempo
4. Switch 6 bank down
5. Switch 12 Bank up

If anybody can help me with this that would be great -- not sure if you can export layouts.

Thanks in advance

-L
FC12_layout.png

the issue you're facing is that the "tap switch 5 3x" would be cycling through 3 different Layouts. it wouldn't "reveal" or "change" what's on the switches while in the same Layout.

also you're saying "switch 1-8" but that's not accurate. those are switches 1-4 and 9-12. i know what you mean, but those aren't switches 1-8, because how could you then assign Switch 5 to anything else?

so again, you're using 3 Layouts for this setup. Switch 5 would be changing Layouts. what makes this work is that you can assign the same thing on certain switches on all 3 Layouts

Layout 1
Switches 1-4 & 9-12: Preset 1 - 8
Switch 5: Layout - Go to Layout 2
Switch 6 & 12 - Bank Down & Bank Up

Layout 2
Switches 1-4 & 9-12: Scene 1 - 8
Switch 5: Layout - Go to Layout 3

Layout 3
Switches 1-4 & 9-12: Various Effects
Switch 5: Layout - Go to Layout 1

What makes this work is that Switch 5 is always a Direct Layout switch, but it just goes to the next number in each Layout.

1 goes to 2
2 goes to 3
3 goes to 1

which creates that cycle. this is how i set it up during much of the beta testing, and it worked well. others didn't like the idea or "rolling through" or "cycling" through these layouts, and preferred dedicated switches to each Layout. but i still think this is a great way to minimize how many switches you're using.

so again, the "trick" of this is that you're using the same physical switch on multiple layouts to do the same thing (change layouts), but the specific layout assigned is different in a particular order.

for me -- this is the most logical way of using the board -- and your beta layout should be an option --- seriously.

Now I just need to figure out how to program it :(

the issue you're facing is that the "tap switch 5 3x" would be cycling through 3 different Layouts. it wouldn't "reveal" or "change" what's on the switches while in the same Layout.

also you're saying "switch 1-8" but that's not accurate. those are switches 1-4 and 9-12. i know what you mean, but those aren't switches 1-8, because how could you then assign Switch 5 to anything else?

so again, you're using 3 Layouts for this setup. Switch 5 would be changing Layouts. what makes this work is that you can assign the same thing on certain switches on all 3 Layouts

Layout 1

Layout 2

Layout 3

What makes this work is that Switch 5 is always a Direct Layout switch, but it just goes to the next number in each Layout.

1 goes to 2
2 goes to 3
3 goes to 1

which creates that cycle. this is how i set it up during much of the beta testing, and it worked well. others didn't like the idea or "rolling through" or "cycling" through these layouts, and preferred dedicated switches to each Layout. but i still think this is a great way to minimize how many switches you're using.

so again, the "trick" of this is that you're using the same physical switch on multiple layouts to do the same thing (change layouts), but the specific layout assigned is different in a particular order.

will do thank you for your help ... if I stumble o fall ...I'll be back !

success!!!!!!

The only thing is that it is showing what is next .. I guess that is cool. Is there a way to reset so what appears is is the actual layout I am in?

so if I am in Preset layout -- I want switch #5 to say "Presets" instead of what is coming "next" --- in this case (Scenes)

success!!!!!!

The only thing is that it is showing what is next .. I guess that is cool. Is there a way to reset so what appears is is the actual layout I am in?

so if I am in Preset layout -- I want switch #5 to say "Presets" instead of what is coming "next" --- in this case (Scenes)
not sure. the Display Option would have it listed there if it's an option.

success!!!!!!

But when you press button 5, you won't get Presets you will get Scenes... Why would you want the button to tell you where you already are?

That's the whole idea: each switch shows what it does, not what it did before. I wouldn't want that to change; how confusing would that be? :)

You might want to consider adding a Wish List item requesting that the main display show what layout you're on, but I would always want each footswitch to tell me what it'll do if I stomp on it.

Pretty simple to program --- Fractal did a really an outstanding job of simplifying the workflow. Very intuitive -- once you commit to it not hard to follow and get done what you need to.

That's the whole idea: each switch shows what it does, not what it did before. I wouldn't want that to change; how confusing would that be? :)

Yeah. Cuz I need to be more confused as to what I'm doing with a guitar in my hands.

Could this work on the F6?

Can you Bank 2?

Layout 1
Switch 1 & 4 Preset 1-2
Switch 2: Layout Go to Layout 2
Switch 3 & 6 - Bank Up and down

Layout 2
Switch 1, 2, 4, 5 & 6 & Scene 1--5
Switch 3: Layout Go to Layout 3

Layout 3
Switch 1, 2, 4, 5 & Effects 1--4
Switch 5 tap temp/tuner
Switch 3: Layout Go to Layout 1

Layout 1

Layout 2

Layout 3

1 goes to 2
2 goes to 3
3 goes to 1

Could this work on the F6?

Can you Bank 2?

Layout 1
Switch 1 & 4 Preset 1-2

Layout 2
Switch 1, 2, 4, 5 & 6 & Scene 1--5
Switch 3: Layout Go to Layout 3

Layout 3
Switch 1, 2, 4, 5 & Effects 1--4
Switch 5 tap temp/tuner
Switch 3: Layout Go to Layout 1
this setup uses 2 different switches to cycle through the Layouts. that's confusing to me. i'd just use Switch 3 always as the Layout cycle button. nothing to think about - it's always Switch 3.

that sort of approach goes a long way for consistency during the gig.

but it's up to you. whatever works.

You are right

How about

Layout 1
Switch 1,4,5 Preset 1-2-3

Layout 2
Switch 1, 3, 4, 5 & 6 & Scene 1--5
Switch 2: Layout Go to Layout 3

Layout 3
Switch 1, 4, 5, & 6 Effects 1--4
Switch 2: Layout Go to Layout 1
Switch 3 tap temp/tuner

this setup uses 2 different switches to cycle through the Layouts. that's confusing to me. i'd just use Switch 3 always as the Layout cycle button. nothing to think about - it's always Switch 3.

that sort of approach goes a long way for consistency during the gig.

but it's up to you. whatever works.

This thing is so freaking easy to program it is truly amazing.

This is what I finally came up with for the 6

Layout 1
Switch 1,3,4, Preset 1-2-3

Layout 2
Switch 1, 3, 4, 5 & 6 (Scene 1--5) - Toggle 4,5,6 (Scene 6--8)
Switch 2: Layout Go to Layout 3

Layout 3
Switch 1, 4, 5, (Effects)
Switch 2: Layout Go to Layout 1
Switch 3 tap temp/tuner
Switch 6 >> More (goes to Layout 4)

Layout 4
Switch 1, 2 3, 4 ,5 (Effects)
Switch 6 <<< More (back to layout 3

Back
Top Bottom