Help w/ GCP setup

soc233

Well I thought this was going to be easy as Id asked quite a few questions before starting , however ...Heres the problem . First I set up the GCP to control 8 IAs and 4 presets . It works great except on the preset side of things . When I press 1 no program change is sent to the axe but the midi transmit/rcv light on the axe lights and the edit light also lights ? pressing 2= preset 1, 3=2 and 4=3 . Okay so I tried changing the offset on the axe to 0 (was set at 1 ) still 1 on the GCP does the same thing as above but , 2=0 3=1, 4=2 . So I reset the GCP (factory init) and repeated the setup process . I set it to 8/4 mode and got the same results .When I press 1 for a preset change some kind of midi message is sent but the axe sees it as a preset edit . Anyone know whats going on here ?

soc233 said:
Nobody's had a similar problem ?

I did, but I for got how I handled it. I'm not using the gc pro on the axe-fx anymore. I think it wasn't an issue for me because I didn't put the presets in the same order as the axe-fx.

Isn't it related to the fact that the Axe defaults to 0 or something, so each number is off unless you compensate on the Axe? I don't have one. But I want a GCP. So I'm interested to know the outcome of this.

No I dont think so I switched the setting in the axe and it didnt matter the problem with number 1 sending something thats causing the edit light to come on rather than changing a preset still occured . Actually I decided to use the GCP for program changes only . For IA's Ill be using a digitech PCM10 (9 IA's)and and a ground control (8 IA's its not the pro version ) . That way Ill have 17 IA's and and 10 PC's. Actually the digitech can be programed to have banks of IA's although thats not too practical to use . I wouldnt worry about the GCP it seems nobody else has had the same problem I did. I bought it used so its possible its defective

A MIDI program change message has a range of #0 - 127, where #0 is the first preset. If you are sending #1 and expect to see the first preset you are sending the wrong program change message.

The display offset in the Axe-Fx is just that, a *display* offset, in terms of midi the first preset is always #0.

The edit light comes on because all the IA switches override the bypass states that are stored in the preset.

Lars

Thanks Lars I think I get it but theres something I dont understand . I press 1 on the GCP and it actually sends 0 , then if the axe is set to start at 1 or at 0 determines if the first preset comes up as 0 or 1 . Why would me pressing 1 when in 8/4 mode cause not a program change but instead a parameter change . When I have the GCP in 10 preset mode pressing 1 works as it should .

How odd... I changed back to 10 preset mode and now the presets start at 257 ??? What the..... I tried a factory reset but it still starts at 257. I also tried resetting to start at 01 instead of 00 but that just changes if it starts on 256 or 257 . I would love to know how I did this ,and more importantly , how to fix it .

soc233 said:
How odd... I changed back to 10 preset mode and now the presets start at 257 ??? What the..... I tried a factory reset but it still starts at 257. I also tried resetting to start at 01 instead of 00 but that just changes if it starts on 256 or 257 . I would love to know how I did this ,and more importantly , how to fix it .

You are triggering a bank select message somehow CC=0

http://axefxwiki.guitarlogic.org/index. ... ank_Select

Yea I remember reading about that awhile back . Any idea how to fix it . Apparently it happened while I was trying to reset it to start on 00 .

Back
Top Bottom