Help Using Kemper with Axe-Fx III

Here's how I have the Kemper connected to the Axe-Fx III:

Axe-Fx SPDIF In/Out to Audio Interface SPDIF In/Out
Axe-Fx III Input 2 (L/R) to Kemper Main Outputs L/R (TRS)
Axe-Fx III Output 4 to Kemper front instrument (guitar) input
Guitar plugged into Axe-Fx III Instr input on front panel

View attachment 65316

In Axe-Edit, Input 2 and Output 4 are assigned to the Kemper:

View attachment 65317

thank you for your reply.
In your setting do you add a 6/12/18 db pad/boost to your OUTPUT 4 or did you left it to 0?

thank you for your reply.
In your setting do you add a 6/12/18 db pad/boost to your OUTPUT 4 or did you left it to 0?
Whenever I use a modeler in an Axe-Fx loop I set boost/pad to at least 6dB. Simply watch the output LEDs. If you get solid into the red then turn it down a click. It depends on your guitar. The hotter the guitar the less you need. With low output pickups you can go all the way to 18.

Whenever I use a modeler in an Axe-Fx loop I set boost/pad to at least 6dB. Simply watch the output LEDs. If you get solid into the red then turn it down a click. It depends on your guitar. The hotter the guitar the less you need. With low output pickups you can go all the way to 18.

Thank you so much!
I'm a vintage guy, so low output pu :)
I'll give a try

View attachment 65316

View attachment 65317
awesome!!!!i want to use the Axe 3 FX with the Kemper,in your post will really help to do all the axefx 3 and kemper connections.

I never thought of this but it makes perfect sense for this application. I'll add it to the manual.

Thanks for all of the info! During this quarantining time, I have been experimenting using the Axe FX III and the profiler in a dual amp setup. Absolutely new to this and I was getting weird phasing until I hard panned the axe to the left and the profiler to the right testing on my Motu 828x. Using the info in this thread I was able to create a patch with the Matchbox D-30 EF86 and a Britt 65 Deluxe...sounds heavenly for edge of break up tone! I am hitting the front end with a vintage Nobels ODR-1.

I like playing with toys and the possibilities with this configuration/setup are endless!

Thanks again!

View attachment 65316

View attachment 65317
i didnt notice that you use Spdif in and out,so you use 2 cables right?

if you run the ax3 into a kemper can you still use the kemper kone?

Yes. Treat it the same as running the AX3 in 4CM with a tube amp, only the Kemper replaces the tube amp. This will make your final outputs in the chain those in the Kemper, which if you have the powered version can run straight into your speaker cab. Otherwise, Kemper outputs to the power amp, then to the speaker cab.

Hey all, I know this thread is a bit old and it might be more focused on the kemper side, but I was wondering if anyone had any luck running these setups with stereo IN into the kemper from the axe fx? So therefore pre kemper effects from the axe fx could still be in stereo If desired.

I appreciate the sentiment either way. Cool to know there are others on the forum running the same configuration. Do you have the OUT 3 knob dimed? According to the manual, it's at unity gain when turned fully clockwise.
Ditto.
And I initially screwed up and inverted the In / Out block placement - I'm relieved to see it wasn't just me ! 🤣

Back
Top Bottom