Help to get the "right" IR

Just wanted to share my find of the day: Factory1 326: G12T 121 B Rev. Probably never tried it before, but it's a nice one!

My baseline has been to think of it like I was just setting up a reasonably outfitted traditional rig. So, for my main rhythm stuff it's all a pair of Mesa OS IRs (simulating a dual mic setup). I have a bunch of packs I've bought and free stuff I've amassed over the years, but I basically went through and whittled it down and compared until I settled on those. So, now every patch gets those as a starting point, with adjustments made around them. Bam! One element I don't have to think about as much anymore.

And even when it comes to stuff that's not just main rhythm, those IRs are usually fine. Would I play a JC120 through a Mesa cab in a traditional rig setup? Probably not, but if it sounds cool and it sounds like a JC120 still then I don't have to worry about it.

What Cabs did you use for your presets? I just downloaded them and the cabs were on Bank User 1 (some No. 10x).
Hmm ithougt, all the cabs would be in the preset.
cab.PNG

You can let the Friedman_PT20_SM57 out.
I didnt know, where it came from

I treid to pack it in this preset. Maybe you can find it in this preset.

Greetings from Germany :)

Attachments

• RECLEAD SLO-LEAD.fasBundle
    20 KB · Views: 18
Hmm ithougt, all the cabs would be in the preset.
View attachment 111353

You can let the Friedman_PT20_SM57 out.
I didnt know, where it came from

I treid to pack it in this preset. Maybe you can find it in this preset.

Greetings from Germany :)
Presets do not include cabs unless you're creating a bundle... They merely point to the IR slot(s) being used.

Also, if those are commercial IRs you should not be sharing them.

Thanks for your preset (with cabs) – I just managed to try it during the last days. I really like the sound and tweaked a few things for my setup. But all in all it now is one of my favourite presets.
Greetings from Germany to Germany!

Thanks for your preset (with cabs) – I just managed to try it during the last days. I really like the sound and tweaked a few things for my setup. But all in all it now is one of my favourite presets.
Greetings from Germany to Germany!
Wow, thanks a lot!!
Danke Dir vielmals!!
Freut mich, dass Dir der Preset zusagt.
Ich war ehrlich gesagt sehr lange auf der Suche nach guten Preset Sounds.

The gift of tone has some killer IRs
The York 212 Greenback
Devin Townsend. Cab
Def Leppards mixed cab
Synester Gates. Hellwin cab
And of Course Leon Todd’s excellent personal cabs
That should be good to find any tones you are seeking

Ich war ehrlich gesagt sehr lange auf der Suche nach guten Preset Sounds.
Yes, that's exactly what I am doing all the time: looking for good preset sounds … At the moment I like most your preset (that I adjusted to my setup) and another one with the atomic high and Leon Todd's cab.
Keep on searching …

This is always a problem when you have too much choice. You always have in mind that the next one can be “better”. I really spent a lot of time with this in the beginning. In the end you need to stop to something that seems ok to your ears, and tweak the rest. If you don’t do that, you try irs all day long and at every playing session.
All this time is time you not spend to what matter the most : practicing and enjoying guitar.

I Hope that one day we will have the cone and mic visual. This is a real time saver. As the position of the mic act like an eq curve, you find more quickly the “tone area” you like . More than scrolling irs.
I miss the mics 🎤 sim we had in the 2. It’s true that this new generation of ir sound better than the legacy one, but having an ir per mic position …

Last edited:
The gift of tone has some killer IRs
The York 212 Greenback
Devin Townsend. Cab
Def Leppards mixed cab
Synester Gates. Hellwin cab
And of Course Leon Todd’s excellent personal cabs
That should be good to find any tones you are seeking

You left out Mikko’s IR which is very good.

Back
Top Bottom