Help recreating the sound of the Julia/Julianna

Hi guys!

I am finally parsing out my pedalboard, and I am now letting go of both my Walrus Audio Julianna and Julia.

I LOVE these pedals to bits, but I am fully committing to the Axe.

However, awesome as the chorus block is, I can't quite nail down that sound the Julia produces. It's so vintage and warbly and rich in texture.

I would love some help from more wisened people of the forum to help me recreate this tone so I don't feel too sad letting these guys go.

Based on the description this pedal can blend chorus and vibrato... So you'll probably be best served by posting a sound sample of what you're after...

Based on the description this pedal can blend chorus and vibrato... So you'll probably be best served by posting a sound sample of what you're after...
It says it's a blend knob but also it might just be a mix knob because, to my knowledge, any chorus pedal at 100% mix is a vibrato. It could be their fancy way of advertising two functions in one pedal.

I could be very wrong about that though.

Out of curiosity, how often do wish list items get delivered upon?

I see so many and I am new to this ecosystem.
Requests for specific models of various effects happen all the time... Those requests getting fulfilled is much less frequent.

If the same result can be achieved with what's already in the box it's less likely.

True. But many Wish List items have nothing to do with new models.
Totally agree... But given the context of the post I wanted to call out specifically the reality for wishes for new models.

I've personally had several wishes granted which is a pretty cool thing considering I haven't submitted many.

Reactions: Rex
Okay so first off I'm excited to see I'm not the only one who was seeking this out, I personally don't own either pedals but have considered buying them . I remember the YouTube channel "Knobs" doing a demo that really wowed me. But I just never really follow through with a purchase since I usually only play through my axe.

I also have to agree with your stance of how sweet it sounds. I'm not a chorus guy, and never have been but the sounds that I've heard have really inspired me.

Im going to spend some time tonight to see where I can get and hopefully get into he right track! I'll let you know when I get something solid.

I know this is an old thread, but I’ve been debating lately getting a Julia pedal for my bass rig…. So any chance someone has managed to get close enough on the Axe? Or ideally on the FM3?

thx!

… and Happy New Year/ Bonne Année!!

I know this is an old thread, but I’ve been debating lately getting a Julia pedal for my bass rig…. So any chance someone has managed to get close enough on the Axe? Or ideally on the FM3?

thx!

… and Happy New Year/ Bonne Année!!
I actually just sold mine. There is a fundamental EQ that is specific to the Julia I love. However, I dialed in something that is plenty close and good by its own right using the Axe.
However, I am still a fan of the Julia!

I actually just sold mine. There is a fundamental EQ that is specific to the Julia I love. However, I dialed in something that is plenty close and good by its own right using the Axe.
However, I am still a fan of the Julia!
I have a Julianna but would you be so kind as to post your preset or just tbe block?

Back
Top Bottom