Help please with global virtual capo

I grew up on floating trems. I wretch every-time I hear someone bellyache about string changes on a Floyd.

That said...if I were looking at changing my entire setup for an ailing singer for one gig, I might poop in my nest. This might get into spring-claw and truss-rod tweaks.

I hope he's getting paid.

I finally explore the virtual capo . Sound fun in dist to imitate 7 and 8 strings . But in clean sound 😔. Is it polyphonic or done just to play notes and not chords ?

The fact the 30 seconds to tune down isnt the solution here boggles my brain.

That’d totally screw me over on some guitars. I use 10-52’s for my drop-C guitar and the action is pretty damn low with a decent amount of relief. I have a hard enough time not bending notes out of key because it’s almost too easy to play, that extra half step would definitely put it past that point.

But not by the OP (or Budda, who brought up 30 sec), or me.
The post of mine you quoted was in reference to floating bridge, although I didn't quote it well... :(

Anyway, yes, for a non-floating bridge it shouldn't take much effort.

That’d totally screw me over on some guitars. I use 10-52’s for my drop-C guitar and the action is pretty damn low with a decent amount of relief. I have a hard enough time not bending notes out of key because it’s almost too easy to play, that extra half step would definitely put it past that point.
I agree. It took me a while to get used to 10's on a 25.5" scale guitar, but now that my fingers are accustomed to the feel, I can hit 2 step bends to pitch immediately. Just doing the calc's for the high E string, dropping to Eb tuning reduces the string tension by 11%. That's enough to mess me up.

Oh, and if you can't hear yourself well enough (that never happens, right?), fughettaboudit.

Back
Top Bottom