Help Please - Output 1 Always Clips Output 2 always OK

guitar32

Inspired
I can't figure this out. On most of my presets Output 1 is almost always clipping even with very moderate picking, whereas Output 2 is fine and doesn't clip. I turned the Global Out 1 level all the way down and it still clips output 1. I don't know of any way to tweak a preset module so that I turn down the Input 1 and Output 1 so they stop clipping. I am plugged in thru the instrument jack on the front. I have normal passive humbucker pickups. On the Axe vu meter it shows input 1 is active, output 1 is clipping, input 2 shows no signal, output 2 has half the output of output 1. I have Out 1 going to my DAW, out 2 going to my powered FRFR speaker.

In the I/O Audio menu I also have Out 1 and Out 2 Boost/Pad set to 0 db, it doesn't go any lower ...

How do I get output 1 to calm down and then ideally get the two ouputs to equalize? Help is appreciated....:ambivalence:

upload a preset and we can help, otherwise we are guessing.

in axe-edit, hit the Export button on the top right and upload the file here, or dropbox, or email it to someone.

This happens on most of my presets - uploading a preset won't help fix it. I don't know of any way to tell any component inside of a preset to process a signal differently for output 1 than for output 2. If anyone knows how to do that please advise. The basic question is how do you control output 1 and output 2 signal levels independently to prevent clipping other than through the Global menu.

Last edited:
This happens on most of my presets - uploading a preset won't help fix it. The basic question is how do you control output 1 and output 2 signal levels independently other than through the Global menu.

What are you man, all knowing? If you're so sure on what will fix it, than why come here and ask Eisenstein.... Either way, If you don't upload a preset, I would suggest everyone refuse to help this guy, he knows what will and won't fix things.... </sarcasm off...

Good luck mate...

What are you man, all knowing? If you're so sure on what will fix it, than why come here and ask Eisenstein.... Either way, If you don't upload a preset, I would suggest everyone refuse to help this guy, he knows what will and won't fix things.... </sarcasm off...

Good luck mate...

So you would like me to upload 283 presets that you will analyze? LOL

i asked for one preset.

This happens on most of my presets - uploading a preset won't help fix it.

do you have any idea how many people say that? then after pulling teeth i finally get a preset and it's something they did to... wait for it... all the presets they use.

Chris - thanks for trying to help, I think I was able to resolve the problem. There seemed to be a problem with the boost/pad functionality. Rebooted several times, rechecked it, and its back to normal.

Do a Factory reset. I had the same issue in reverse (OP2 always clipping, OP2 OK). After chat with Jochen at G66, I did the reset - and everything returned to normal. Give it a go.

Back
Top Bottom