Help please! - Direct Recording in Cubase

Bar

Hi all,
I am a new user to the FM3. When I play it through headphones or amp - it sounds awsome. But, when I connect to cubase with a PL cable to my audio interface (Mono to Stereo), I feel that the recording really loses its quality, and I just don't understand why. Does anybody have an idea of what may be gone wrong? Maybe something with the device settings? - would appreciate any advice of how to achieve the same sound in direct recording as I get through headphones\amp.
Bar

Connect your audiointerface with two separate cables (best use symmetric Cables, if your interface supports them) or use a digital s/pdif connection, with the audiointerface is clocked external by the FM3!

with a PL cable to my audio interface (Mono to Stereo), I feel that the recording really loses its quality, and I just don't understand why. Does anybody have an idea of what may be gone wrong?
Might be something related to phase issues. Try mono to mono, abd pay attention to to the Output options in the setup, such as stereo/l+r/mono etc. In my experience, when using a mono signal out of FM3, this option has a huge impact. If you are using it wrong and if there are any issues related to phase, you might get bad results.

2 and a half days after no answer from the OP, probably he solved his problem. If it sounds good with headphone the "problem" could be related to connection or Cubase setup (try F4 in Cubase and check routing and connection setup).
Are you using the Control Room in Cubase? Check how the master signal is routed. Check the single channel setup: is it a stereo channel or a mono one (unfortunately Cubase channel settngs (Mono/Stereo) has to be done when you create a channel). If the PL cable is a "Y" cable (two mono TS to a stereo TRS) I don't understand how do you setup (FM3 has no stereo out ona single TRS jack).

Back
Top Bottom