Help Playing through Studio Monitors

I stuck a couple of pillows in front of my monitor, which might have helped a wee bit. I'll have more time this afternoon.

My LG Ultrawide not my Studio Monitors. :D

So couple of observations. I think my monitors are still too low. Maybe another 6 inches would improve things a bit - I tried them on top of a pile of books to see. I've also tried putting a 12000Hz high cut on the cab which helps (I guess my monitors are way more sensitive up top than my 880pros). I also notice that I feel more comfortable playing in mono than stereo - maybe harkens back to using an amp?

Attachments

• 1FF6C583-D021-4FB8-B139-01206B0E12E7.jpeg
    1FF6C583-D021-4FB8-B139-01206B0E12E7.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 28
My LG Ultrawide not my Studio Monitors. :D

So couple of observations. I think my monitors are still too low. Maybe another 6 inches would improve things a bit - I tried them on top of a pile of books to see. I've also tried putting a 12000Hz high cut on the cab which helps (I guess my monitors are way more sensitive up top than my 880pros). I also notice that I feel more comfortable playing in mono than stereo - maybe harkens back to using an amp?
I noticed that your left monitor is essentially tucked into a three-surface corner. That'll make it particularly boomy.

I like monitors with front ports because they are sitting close to walls or corners... maybe I'm wrong but it just seems logical that if a monitor has rear ports you dont want it close to a wall.

I like monitors with front ports because they are sitting close to walls or corners... maybe I'm wrong but it just seems logical that if a monitor has rear ports you dont want it close to a wall.
Agreed. Had I paid attention I'd have bought something different. Optimum is 25cm from walls. Mine at about 18cm from the back and much more than that from the side. It's not the end of the world. If bass gets too much I'll flip a switch on the back. It's not just my room so I can't go to town with it.

Back
Top Bottom