HELP NEEDED ALL PRESETS GONE!

Hi all, i am sitting here praying that someone can help, especially a complete computer moron!

Long story short, I lent my brand new Axe 2 to a friend who was laying down tracks for a upcoming album, and I got it back, turned it on, and every preset in bank A is completely GONE, every preset is totally blank :(!

My problem is that I have only ever used these things live, never plugged one into a computer because I dont use it for that at all, and its fair to say my computer literacy skills at best are bloody terrible :)

Anyway, I have plugged my axe 2 into my computer, tried to upload / install the latest ax firmware (I have no idea what I am talking about), on the ax i have gone into the utilities menu and tried to update, the axe screen says 'Awaiting File'.

My computer (mac) wont download Axe FX 2 usb driver, is there something I need to install to my computer first? The mac says it cannot install as there is no software found, what the hell does all this mean? Am i supposed to install something else? IM GOING BALD (ER!) And secondly is there a way I can retrieve the original factory presets, I am basically trying to get the unit back to 'day one' condition, my final problem being that I upgraded from the ultra to the axe 2, I have never used this unit once, today was my first time turning the damn thing on :(

Any help or advice will be hugely appreciated, please dont hold my rubbish computer skills against me :(

read the manual about restoring factory presets form - Utilities\presets\restore factory bank A.

Common sense-Learn how to backup-Saves your hair

Thanks for the lightning fast reply, I did that, and everything is still blank,

It has to, I think. I don't think you can "overwrite" the internal user bank memory-I could be wrong. Just read the manual about restoring presets-.You need to know this. Try it again-slow.

I hear you bro, but it was hard for me to back anything up if I have never actually used it at all until today, some dudes dont use these units with computers, does anyone have ideas or advice instead of insults? No offence Stratman, I appreciate your reply, but Im just trying to solve the problem in front of me, cheers :)

Chris thanks man I will give it a go, the unit s only 2 months old and brand new so I hope there isnt a battery fault, thanks again, will come back and advise how I go!

please try this again first:

Press the Utility button, press Page Right until you get to the Preset tab. use the Nav arrow down to scroll and highlight "Restore Factory Bank A" Press Enter.

that doesn't work?

Chris, you are a legend, and further, with apologies to all concerned, I initially pushed the wrong button, I pushed the 'restore user presets' instead of 'factory'. Thanks guys, and ROCK ON!

I hear you bro, but it was hard for me to back anything up if I have never actually used it at all until today, some dudes dont use these units with computers, does anyone have ideas or advice instead of insults? No offence Stratman, I appreciate your reply, but Im just trying to solve the problem in front of me, cheers :)

What insult? Jeezzz man. I said try it again Slow-Ask your friend what he did? Sorry to have bothered . I posted 4 times to try and help.

i think it was the "common sense" part that may have been a bit insulting :p

glad it's working now. i'd still suggest watching my video(s) to learn those things too.

also ask your friend how he cleared all those presets!

i think it was the "common sense" part that may have been a bit insulting :p

glad it's working now. i'd still suggest watching my video(s) to learn those things too.

also ask your friend how he cleared all those presets!

Oh- I see-Didn't know those were bad words. You tell him to ask his friend a, I tell him the same thing first, but I'm the bad guy here.Trying to save him from being back here next week asking the same thing. I speak my mind-I don't sugar coat crap unless it needs coating.

MY very FIRST post told him EXACTLY what to do, exactly. My bad I guess.

Last edited:
i think everyone here knew you were being helpful yo. it's all good. forums and written communication make it difficult to discern tone.

Dont lend your Axe dude! No matter how good your friend is. Its like lending your wife for a whole night. She might come back ok, but you never know what happens once you turn her on!

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

when updating firmware, is it a requirement to update presets, or is that just an option?....i guess what i mean is will firmware updates affect parameters in older presets, and then if you want to use newer amps/effects on older presets you just have to plug them in, just as you would do when changing things if you havented updated

Back
Top Bottom