Help needed about using Mission Engineering SP25L

kaweekrai

Hi. I'm trying to set up my MI pedal with Latching switch to use it toggling on/off Wah block. The result is I have to push it twice to engage (I set it up as Follow Hardware). After searching around this forum, the only post about the same problem with SP25L concluded to change to SP25M, which has Momentary switch.

But I'm quite sure that FM-3 can work with Latching switch as I found some people here talking about using SP-1, which also has Latching switch. One post about SP-1 problem said he make mistake using TS rather than TRS cable as the SP-1 use TRS jack. However, my SP25L compatible with both TS and TRS so I use TS cable but it doesn't work properly.

In the manual p.12, says that TS cable is fine for 1 switch but in p.94 says that it has to be TRS that disable the Ring. What do these mean? Can I use TS one? What I do wrong? Or I have to use TRS and disconnect the Ring inside?

74DA5EFB-D21A-4843-86EF-D4CDB9BEAE91.jpeg

Attachments

• 5AB64BCE-F047-4FD1-9B26-9E3B8F0D12C0.jpeg
    5AB64BCE-F047-4FD1-9B26-9E3B8F0D12C0.jpeg
    560.7 KB · Views: 6
I'm not sure where to start. What I did was add a wah and a volume block (I like my volume after the amp, before delays, always). Then I set a modifier on the Wah's Control, and the Volume/Pan's Volume. They're both assigned to the switch, but reverse (on /off: 0/10 and 10/0). Unfortunately, I don't have my pedal here with me, so when it's not connected, I'm not sure I can see all the right options in FM3 Edit. But does this help?

I'm not sure where to start. What I did was add a wah and a volume block (I like my volume after the amp, before delays, always). Then I set a modifier on the Wah's Control, and the Volume/Pan's Volume. They're both assigned to the switch, but reverse (on /off: 0/10 and 10/0). Unfortunately, I don't have my pedal here with me, so when it's not connected, I'm not sure I can see all the right options in FM3 Edit. But does this help?
Actually, it's not the way for my problem but I'm really appreciated your kindness to help. As you said you are using SP25L, I'd like to know how you set the setting to make the latching switch in pedal to work properly?

Oh, also, I use two TRS cables to connect to the FM3 (or in my case, the FC).
Did you connect 1 TRS from left side of pedal for (for expression control) and 1 TRS from right side (for switching; engaging the effect)? I've had tried both TS and TRS cable for switching but end the same result. What kind of TRS you are using? I mean how does it be made inside? Do you connect the Tip and Sleeve in the connector and leave the Ring disable?

Hi. My problem is solved. The point is that I didn't aware of the Bypass Modifier. This stuff is different from my former devices. Thank you for all of you guys' support.

Hi. My problem is solved. The point is that I didn't aware of the Bypass Modifier. This stuff is different from my former devices. Thank you for all of you guys' support.
There you go, glad you figured it out!

And sorry, it’s been a busy week, and didn’t see your last questions until now.

Back
Top Bottom