HELP MFC 101 lost

Jake langley

I just updated the firmware on my Axe FX 2 to Quantum and my MFC 101 to 3.08. It was working fine at my Vegas production show for 2 years connected via Ethernet. As soon as the update was complete the MFC lost contact with the Axe FX and displayed the" Axe FX timeout". I tried to connect the units via midi same thing. All of a sudden after 90 min of turning off and on and replugging it connected then lost connection then reconected at random. Whats happening? I tried a Voodoo Labs control and it worked no problem.

The upgrade MAY have reset the connection type setting in the MFC.
You made need to switch it back to the type you were using.. Page 8 in OM ?

yes I tried all the settings. now its on MIDI with the midi cables conected to the AXE FX. still intermitent. Is there another setting I should check??

You could try to reload the quantum firmware Jake. The troubleshooting rule #1 is change 1 variable at a time and check to see if it cures the problem.

I just updated the firmware on my Axe FX 2 to Quantum and my MFC 101 to 3.08. It was working fine at my Vegas production show for 2 years connected via Ethernet. As soon as the update was complete the MFC lost contact with the Axe FX and displayed the" Axe FX timeout". I tried to connect the units via midi same thing. All of a sudden after 90 min of turning off and on and replugging it connected then lost connection then reconected at random. Whats happening? I tried a Voodoo Labs control and it worked no problem.
did you have the ethernet cable connected to the MFC while updating the Axe-Fx?

what Firmware versions did you have on each device before updating?

did you have the ethernet cable connected to the MFC while updating the Axe-Fx?

what Firmware versions did you have on each device before updating?

I disconnected the Ethernet before the update. I believe the firmware was 3.01 in the axe effects

Back
Top Bottom