Help me out, those who use the Axe into a regular guitar amp...

I also tried the little experiment last night and had the same result. Output 2 has more hiss than 1. It doesn't matter if anything is even connected in the chain internally. Whether i was running to output 2 (via the fx loop block) or not it still had more noise.

Ok ! I will listen. But what if you pad 18 dB and
Adjust the patch level so you get some headroom.

[edit 2: I also would recommend that if you have a couple marshall-type sounds, you can probably only do 1 of them and then tweak based on that one at lower volumes, and the same for other similar type sounds. Try to get through your major patches first, just in case the knock does come on your door, haha

QUOTE=Trazan;622792]The manual states that analog outputs are 600 Ohm, max +20 dBu and with a dynamic range of >110 dB. Doesn't say there's any difference between 1 or 2... If you compare part 2 and 3 in the clip I posted...is this about the difference between Out 1 and 2 on your unit?

Yeah, I know about the pad. However, if I pad 12 dB there's no headroom left...while it's still more noisy than my Timefactor (which has 20 dB headroom at this point). Just doesn't seem right.[/QUOTE]

Yes

Yes ! I think that the difference between out 1 and 2 might be like between rec 2 and 3 .
What is "Time Factor " by the way ?
Is it a delay ?

I guess that inserting a digital gate in the chain won´t change a thing either.

The manual states that analog outputs are 600 Ohm, max +20 dBu and with a dynamic range of >110 dB. Doesn't say there's any difference between 1 or 2... If you compare part 2 and 3 in the clip I posted...is this about the difference between Out 1 and 2 on your unit?

Yeah, I know about the pad. However, if I pad 12 dB there's no headroom left...while it's still more noisy than my Timefactor (which has 20 dB headroom at this point). Just doesn't seem right.

I'm basing this on my work with my old preamp/TC Electronic G System rig- but my guess is the signal coming from the FX SEND is too hot for the Axe- pedals would be able to handle it and not know the difference and work fine- but i think driving your amps heavily is putting a signal into the axefx that it doesn't like... the solution would be using a passive direct box- going into the Axe from the Send/Preamp out of the amp.

Hum eliminators in between every balanced/non balanced in/out would also help-

I'm basing this on my work with my old preamp/TC Electronic G System rig- but my guess is the signal coming from the FX SEND is too hot for the Axe- pedals would be able to handle it and not know the difference and work fine- but i think driving your amps heavily is putting a signal into the axefx that it doesn't like... the solution would be using a passive direct box- going into the Axe from the Send/Preamp out of the amp.

Hum eliminators in between every balanced/non balanced in/out would also help-

I don't think its that the amp can't handle it, because the test I did for this was straight into my presonus box. Sent axe output 1 into input 1 of my firepod. Axe output 2 into input 2 of my firepod. Input 1 panned left, input 2 panned right. Then I cranked the levels (equally left and right) until there was noise. The axe output 2 had that same hiss. This was on a completely empty preset. Not even an fx loop. Nothing input into the front of the axe. As Trazan has mentioned either here or on TGP, it seems like there's an issue after the D/A converter for output 2.

Back
Top Bottom