Help me decide which Musicman guitar to get

i REALLY want a Cutlass, but they don't offer it with piezo. my style of music needs acoustic sounds, so oh well :(
Chris ,, so what are you using now,, the JP6 ,JP15 or Majesty??ornone of the above?

I`m in the same boat ,deciding what to get ,I have been trying to decide which to go with,<<<<the piezo for clean,ambiant >>>>is what i need it for
I was even looking at PRS custom24,or Suhr " all of which are in the same price range.

Chewie
I myself love the full grains showing -Sahara Burst for me .still don't know which model..Jp15 or Majesty,so far ,thanks to Chris`s input looks like Majesty

I don't currently have a JP model. A few years back i had a 2008 JP6 BFR. Tobacco burst quilt and what a gorgeous guitar. I regret selling it but i never bonded with the neck. These roasted maple necks are frigging amazing. I've decided to go Trans black. My partner pretty much tipped me in that direction. She says when you think of John Petrucci do you think of brown or black aesthetic? ha. good point. not that its about him but the black is slicker looking. They are all awesome. different flavours.

Update: made a call to a local shop to inquire about pricing and build time. As it turned out, they had the black quilt in warehouse meaning i'll get it in about 2 weeks rather than 6-9 months. Bam! My amazing girlfriend already paid the deposit. I still can't believe she's buying this for me

Update: made a call to a local shop to inquire about pricing and build time. As it turned out, they had the black quilt in warehouse meaning i'll get it in about 2 weeks rather than 6-9 months. Bam! My amazing girlfriend already paid the deposit. I still can't believe she's buying this for me
How are you gonna play it with those big, Wookie mitts though?

I own both majesty and a BFR model. If I had to live with one of them, I would go with the BFR JP6. classier and better to my tastes. I think you would be happy with 15 sahara burst. one hell of a guitar. :)

quick update: my JP15 came in yesterday! faster than expected. I had the pleasure of unboxing it. Chomping at the bit to get home today after work to get it all setup and put it through its paces

quick update: my JP15 came in yesterday! faster than expected. I had the pleasure of unboxing it. Chomping at the bit to get home today after work to get it all setup and put it through its paces

Champing. Champing at the bit. That's the phrase. Horses don't actually chomp it. Horses are wanting to run and are being reigned in by the jockey until it's time to go.

I'm just trying to fix the world one corrected adage at a time. I have no idea what it is in Shyriiwook, though. Never been to Kashyyyk.

Champing. Champing at the bit. That's the phrase. Horses don't actually chomp it. Horses are wanting to run and are being reigned in by the jockey until it's time to go.

I'm just trying to fix the world one corrected adage at a time. I have no idea what it is in Shyriiwook, though. Never been to Kashyyyk.
The internets say either is acceptable: https://grammarist.com/usage/champing-chomping-at-the-bit/

Relevant part of the article:
The idiom is usually written chomping at the bit, and some people consider this spelling wrong. But chomp can also mean to bite or chew noisily (though chomped things are often eaten, while champed things are not), so chomp at the bit means roughly the same as champ at the bit.

You are a very-lucky man.. I do-so hope my next Wife buys me guitars!! ..actually mine bought me a Jackson Fusion Standard for a wedding prezzie way-back in the day!

:confused: ...you-don't think now.. that.. maybe?? o_O

Meh.. Something to worry about, another day!

Congrats! Enjoy! :)

The internets say either is acceptable: https://grammarist.com/usage/champing-chomping-at-the-bit/

Relevant part of the article:

That's the internet justifying getting things wrong, and thats also wrong. Someone with internet access typing into a website "either is acceptable" is rampant and must be stopped. Oh and by the way turning words into other types of words is also bad. I'll use the website you quoted as an example. "Grammarist" is not a word. Neither is "Grammarly". The irony is too rich. Spotify and the dozen of -ifys that followed in its wake. Take a word, add -ify. Boom, you have a company name. These people think it's cheeky and cute.
Someone already took the name you liked? How about baby words? Google. Hulu.
Maybe we just delete some letters or misspell words. Flickr. Tumblr. Scribd.
Anything -ster.
Portmanteaus are everywhere now: Wikipedia, Pinterest. Instagram. Groupon.
I love that Silicon Valley took a shot at this stuff when they called that one company Hooli.
We're watching the death of language happen in real time. It's something I care about, and I wish more people would, too. No one knows how to use an apostrophe anymore. It all saddens me.

That's the internet justifying getting things wrong, and thats also wrong. Someone with internet access typing into a website "either is acceptable" is rampant and must be stopped. Oh and by the way turning words into other types of words is also bad. I'll use the website you quoted as an example. "Grammarist" is not a word. Neither is "Grammarly". The irony is too rich. Spotify and the dozen of -ifys that followed in its wake. Take a word, add -ify. Boom, you have a company name. These people think it's cheeky and cute.
Someone already took the name you liked? How about baby words? Google. Hulu.
Maybe we just delete some letters or misspell words. Flickr. Tumblr. Scribd.
Anything -ster.
Portmanteaus are everywhere now: Wikipedia, Pinterest. Instagram. Groupon.
I love that Silicon Valley took a shot at this stuff when they called that one company Hooli.
We're watching the death of language happen in real time. It's something I care about, and I wish more people would, too. No one knows how to use an apostrophe anymore. It all saddens me.
You understand that Google is named after the (real) word "googolplex"? It isn't a "baby word"...

Also, maybe you are not aware, but you can't trademark a "real" word. This is why many companies will bastardize a real word to use as their name. It makes the point and allows them to make it a trademark, which is somewhat crucial for branding.

The death of language? Which one, English? The one that is made up of words stemming from dozens of other languages which have been mangled and manipulated and bastardized over hundreds of years into the words we now speak? The one with there, their and they're? A language that is changing is alive... The ones that don't are the dead ones.

That's pretty ironic ;)

IMG_1864.jpg
Here's a pic of the JP15. That's my Staffy, Bowie in the background photobombing. Here are my impressions so far: This is by far the most comfortable guitar i've had. I've always deferred to the Axis for ease of playing but for my larger hands this is more suited for my fingers. I used to have a JP BFR with the finished neck but never got used to it. This neck is gorgeous and is slicker than butter. I love the 17" Radius as well as the contour for the forearm. I was surprised with the Illuminator pickups. In my old JP i had the Dsonic and then the Crunchlab/liquifire and honestly hated them (except the liquifire- that was a nice neck p/u) and was worried I'd not like these ones. Not the case. They are quite articulate and balanced and perhaps its the maple neck but quite snappy as well. I think i just like maple necks/fretboards best.

You can just feel the quality when holding the guitar. Really an amazing instrument and has so many sonic permutations to play with. The split coils sound great and man oh man did i ever miss the Piezo! Sweet Christmas!

Back
Top Bottom